Chapter 13 Discharged AND Closed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Discharged AND Closed.

We got our Chapter 13 discharge in May, but I really wanted it to be closed before I came here and broadcasted it. I tend to be very cautious about things. So, now, 30 days later...it is closed. Called lawyer to confirm it is really closed - and it is. Saw the final decree on Pacer releasing the Trustee and all the statuses listed as terminated...which is a good thing.

My reaction to all of this is not celebratory, but rather disbelief. I am in some type of shock. I feel like a kid on Christmas or on the last day of school...very anxious. It's like something is going to change it, but the lawyer says it's really done.

This is going to take some time for me to digest. It's been a long five years, but this appears to be the end of it for us.

Thank you, BkForum people, for all your help and support throughout these past years. Good luck to all of you.
    March 2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    May 2008 - Confirmed
    May 2013 - Discharged / June 2013 - CLOSED

Originally posted by Mrs. H View Post
    This is going to take some time for me to digest. It's been a long five years, but this appears to be the end of it for us.
    It IS the end for you. Maybe a little celebration will help you digest it.

CHAPTER 13 DISCHARGE AND CLOSE!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

That's a 5 year job well done. You deserve a hand and a toast!

Get your dancing shoes on, because there WILL be dancing!
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Some hamster boogey should convince you. Bring on the hammies!!! and Congrats on your FRESH START!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. H View Post
        We got our Chapter 13 discharge in May, but I really wanted it to be closed before I came here and broadcasted it. I tend to be very cautious about things. So, now, 30 days later...it is closed. Called lawyer to confirm it is really closed - and it is. Saw the final decree on Pacer releasing the Trustee and all the statuses listed as terminated...which is a good thing.

My reaction to all of this is not celebratory, but rather disbelief. I am in some type of shock. I feel like a kid on Christmas or on the last day of school...very anxious. It's like something is going to change it, but the lawyer says it's really done.

Thank you, BkForum people, for all your help and support throughout these past years. Good luck to all of you.
        First, congratulations!!!!

Second, thank you so much for posting this with such transparency. It actually brought happy tears to me. Right now, I really need some happy tears! Congrats again. It really is over for you! Enjoy your freedom!
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Congratulations...i can understand the feeling of not knowing what to do/feel...but when it sinks in it's time to party!!!!
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it. Yes, there have been some happy tears here...wishing all of you happy tears too. It's just so hard to believe when it's finally over. It's funny to say but the last part between the final payment in March and now with it closing has actually been the hardest part of the entire thing for me. It was that wait at the end...would we get a discharge? When will it close?

All I can say is to do everything you can to stay positive, work at it and believe that you will finish and you will. This forum helps a lot at times because you know that you're not alone in going through it. Just don't read yourself sick like I did many times...pace yourself. And call your lawyer as much as you need to in order to clarify things. Our guy must hate us - we called him all the time.

Thank you all again. Wishing you all the very best of luck.
            March 2008 - Filed Chapter 13
            May 2008 - Confirmed
            May 2013 - Discharged / June 2013 - CLOSED

Comment

Wonderful; News

Comment

Congrats!!!! Five long years!!! Enjoy your fresh start!!!!!
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                  Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                  0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X