On my Equifax report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my Equifax report

Appears an account that was on my chapter 13, that is now been bought by Calvary Portfolio...they are saying I have been paying them and I stopped in May of this year...WHAT???

It is now on my Equifax report, I of course reported it as a dispute to Equifax and they are saying it is a legit account, at this point what are my next steps,

The equifax report now says "petition for chapter 13" under the account I am sisputing

Anyone else have this happen to?

I filed in June 2010 and have been paying on my chapter 13 for 3 years...now this account appears...

Thanks

Originally posted by freeme0215 View Post
    Appears an account that was on my chapter 13, that is now been bought by Calvary Portfolio...they are saying I have been paying them and I stopped in May of this year...WHAT???

It is now on my Equifax report, I of course reported it as a dispute to Equifax and they are saying it is a legit account, at this point what are my next steps,

The equifax report now says "petition for chapter 13" under the account I am sisputing

Anyone else have this happen to?

I filed in June 2010 and have been paying on my chapter 13 for 3 years...now this account appears...

Thanks
    I would bring this up with your attorney (or check PACER) and see if a notice of transfer of claim has been filed.

Comment

That's odd. All of my OC's mention Chap 13 or "included in bankruptcy". But I don't rememer seeing any reporting by the company that bought a couple of the debts after I filed. I think I'm due for another free credit report. I'll have to pull it and check. Reporting a debt that existed before you filed as included in a BK is allowed. But, I don't know about a creditor who purchases the debt after you file.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Calvary Portfolio is a pain to. I am having issues with some debts not stating that they are in chapter 13 but they are.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X