Secured creditor for car note failed to file a proof of claim after 90 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secured creditor for car note failed to file a proof of claim after 90 days

Got a letter from the trustee this month Nov that no distribution of funds will be allowed on car note in chapter 13 plan., A motion to allow late filed claim has to be done. Plan was confirmed in july 2013 and funds was distributed the last 6 months. . Will the car not be paid off in the plan if creditor don't file a claim? They are listed by attorney and was shown being paid on 13 data center. Not sure what happens now, 90 days have past since 341 meeting?? Any thoughts?

I have heard that sometimes a debtor will file a claim for a secured creditor who fails to file one. Call your attorney to find out what needs to be done.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Whitner, why did you post in this forum?

This one is for newbies who have signed up and cannot post on the regular boards. You have already posted on the Chapter 13 board, so you should not have a problem posting. If you do please say so, so that the Admin can take care of the problem.

Neither LadyInTheRed nor I can move this to a more appropriate spot.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Didn't notice where this was posted. Thanks for catching it, AC.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks HRx for moving this from 'Inactive Users' to this Board.

I needed to say this so that other posters/viewers would not be confused...

Thanks again!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by whitner View Post
            Got a letter from the trustee this month Nov that no distribution of funds will be allowed on car note in chapter 13 plan., A motion to allow late filed claim has to be done. Plan was confirmed in july 2013 and funds was distributed the last 6 months. . Will the car not be paid off in the plan if creditor don't file a claim? They are listed by attorney and was shown being paid on 13 data center. Not sure what happens now, 90 days have past since 341 meeting?? Any thoughts?
            I filed a claim for a secured creditor in my Chapter 13. However, I did this prior to the expiration of the claims bar date. You would need to file a Motion to allow the late filed claim. You would need to provide for any arrears as well. It may be better to keep it in plan, but you and your attorney would need to figure out the best course of action. You could even pay outside the Trustee (paying direct). I do not know which is best for you.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X