The End!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End!!!

I've been on this forum for some years now. I loved reading how people successfully completed their Chapter 13. It always gave me hope. I always envisioned how I would feel once I paid mine off. Well, on Monday 1/6/14 I made my last payment on my 100% payback Chapter 13! Talk about GEEKED!!! I'm ecstatic!!! I paid back $106K in 4.5 years. I'm single with 2 children and I have to admit at first I didn't know if I was going to make it. I had to LEARN how to live a cash only life. I had to LEARN to budget AND live within that budget. I had to LEARN a lot about money in general. I looked into Chapter 13 not because I couldn't pay my bills. I just couldn't see an end in sight. I had student loans of about 30K and I did not see how I could finally be debt free with those loans still lingering around. I looked at my Chapter 13 as a "Court Ordered Debt Consolidation" which I could not get from any bank. I feel good that I paid back all of my creditors. I feel even better that I no longer have any creditors (other than the bank that has my mortgage)!!! I look at debt so differently now...like slavery. I never want to lose sleep due to the debt burden that I had placed on myself. So, the $2K I paid to my Trustee every month will now go into a savings account, because I LEARNED to live on less!!! Best of luck to all of you who are on this journey!!!:
    filed chpt 13 05/09
    payback 100%
    projected completion date 09/13!!! Actually completed 1/14 (4.5 years)

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your success story. I never get tired of hearing about chap 13 discharges!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy New Year, and Happy NEW START! Thank you for your VERY Powerful Testimony!!

Meanwhile.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That is quite an accomplishment for you!!!! You are gonna have a wonderful savings acct!!! Congrats!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations! Our atty told us that only like 25% complete a Chapter 13!! Congrats again!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Congrats...I'm just starting my journey,,,,waiting for confirmation,,,and though 5 years is a long time I'm not burdened with the constant thoughts of my money woes.....

Comment

Congrats!! When going thru this ordeal, I can't believe how quickly the years go by. Feels like yesterday and it will be 2 years for us soon. Can't wait till it's all over. Again congrats to you and much luck in all your future endeavors.

Comment

Well done! Ain't life grand?
                    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations. Received my discharge Friday. Paid off 100% as well and also paid off home during process. Life feel great.

Comment

Congratulations to you! Wow! Seems to be a number of 13's being discharged right now...what great incentive for those of us only a couple years in. Enjoy your new life!!!
                          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                            Congratulations to you! Wow! Seems to be a number of 13's being discharged right now...what great incentive for those of us only a couple years in. Enjoy your new life!!!
                            Ahhh the 2017 club, but do you remember when we were jealous of the people with 36 month plans. Now we are close to the 36 month plan. Stay busy and mentally focused and the time will fly, as told to me by my attorney when I filed

Comment

I am in that club too!!!! :-)
                              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X