Ready to lock up my husband!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to lock up my husband!!

OMG! We just got notice of discharge YESTERDAY!! I'm baffled by the timing because I thought we had to have creditor objections, etc., but whatever... Anyway, we delayed some car repairs until now and he wants to buy a new mattress and tv and suggested I get a credit card for the brakes. WTF?!?! Sorry... just had to vent...

Yeah. I'd lock him up too. Don't fall back into the credit trap again.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I third the lockup or frying pan to the head maybe! I do hope you can straighten him out.

And, congratulations on the discharge!!

Comment

Hang tough! Keep that man away from plastic!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations. Please try to keep the husband from running up credit. It is quite easy to do after your discharge. You will start to receive all types of offers for cars and credit cards. Do not be tempted!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It looks like DH learned NOTHING during the years you were in your CH13!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

However, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it through; now you have to keep on making it--even if you have club him with a baseball bat! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Oh Yeah... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrat! Pull out a frying pan!!!
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Putting away the locks, ropes, and pans... turns out he was looking at it as a way only to build credit. Whew!

Comment

Wait, who said anything about whips and chains?
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Aren't we getting a little kinky here????

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          Aren't we getting a little kinky here????
                          We like kinky here

As for the hubby yep hit a good one over the head

Comment

Congrats on your successful 13.

Looks like you may need to show him the advantages of your new situation. It is is hard to have extra cash and save it yet so easy to spend it or borrow against that extra. Can you show him how that extra money will enable you to pay cash for these items later yet still have a safety net?

A goal that my wife seemed to have a hard time believing was to have $x,xxx amount of dollars after all the living expenses were paid. Once the BK is fully paid and if we do not use the 401k to close it out we will hit that goal. I keep showing her how close we are and she comes on page and shows her ability to refrain from extra purchases. It is a big number and will hit almost all at once.

Here's a skit that was shared with me as it applied to convincing a group to change direction.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've been the one dealing with making the budget work during the 13. If you felt most of the "pain" during the 13, it's reasonable that you would experience more positive change than your partner.

One of the benefits of a 13 is that you learn to live on what you make, and you learn to do without a certain portion of your income that's paid into the 13. My plan (and advice) is to put the amount I was putting into the 13 into my 401k as soon as I finish the 13 before I can learn to spend it again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X