Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Returns

Just a quick question...

In my plan I am ordered to turn over any Tax Refunds to the trustee. My final plan payment is on March 3rd. (yeah!!!). If I wait to file my taxes until the last minute in April, do you think I will still need to turn in the returns? I was in a 5 year plan, and have already turned in my taxes all years, including the original filing year. I know I will ask my lawyer this question when I see him in a couple of weeks, but maybe someone has some insight on here.

Thanks!
    Filed: 3/04/2009
    341 Meeting: 4/20/2009 Confirmed: 5/15/09
    $25,000 Unsecured Debt/$11,500 Secured Claims
    $214/month for 60 months 0% Plan

What if you filed for an extension? Then you'd have til October.

Comment

I think you still owe them to trustee, but hope inam wrong!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Only the Trustee could tell you that they expect and want the tax refund for 2013. I'm relatively sure that if you were to ask the Trustee, they'd say yes -- unless you were in a 100% plan and I see that you were not. (Or, you have one of the Trustees that is just too nice and says to have a great "fresh start". There is no way to tell.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have read it both way, but my fingers are crossed for you.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X