trustee not making disbursement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trustee not making disbursement

Do trustees ever post late on disbursements. my payment for last month was posted but no payouts were posted.

Our due date is the 23rd yet the disbursements don't get done until around the 8th of the following month.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

If you are just beginning your 13 and if memory serves me, my first months of payments were listed in 13datacenter but nothing was disbursed. After that the trustee was playing catch up. I paid on the first of each month but funds were never disbursed until the end of the month.
      Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

The Trustee does not disburse funds until the Plan is Confirmed. The only exceptions are pre-confirmation adequate protection payments to secured creditors and/or pass-through (conduit) mortgage payments if post petition mortgage payments are paid through the Trustee in your district.

Once the Plan is Confirmed the Trustee's first disbursement will cover the months prior to confirmation and then will reduce to their normal monthly amount thereafter. Disbursements are usually once a month and around the same time each month.

Des.

Comment

Our disbursements were somewhat random in the beginning. Our attorney fees were paid up front in our plan. No car payment til about the 6th month! After about a year all seemed to get their scheduled amount every month.

Don't worry. The trustee knows what he/she is doing. There is not much you can do except watch the NDC updates and sometimes they lag by several days.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
            Our disbursements were somewhat random in the beginning. Our attorney fees were paid up front in our plan. No car payment til about the 6th month! After about a year all seemed to get their scheduled amount every month.

Don't worry. The trustee knows what he/she is doing. There is not much you can do except watch the NDC updates and sometimes they lag by several days.
            What does NDC lag behind? Pacer.

NDC updates the same day 13Network does for me.

Just an FYI.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

NDC seems to update more frequently than it used to. There were times in the past, for me it had not been updated in a week, which was always around the time I was checking to see if my payment was received. I never worry about when the trustee pays everyone, I only care that they got my money orders. They have always held back 1 month distribution. I guess in case I was late or something.
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I have 8 payments left on a 60 month plan and there were no disbursements last month. Why would disbursements not be made? There are still balances owed and no motions are pending. Disbursements are always made around the third week of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by onbrake View Post
                  I have 8 payments left on a 60 month plan and there were no disbursements last month. Why would disbursements not be made?
                  Maybe the person who issues the checks was on vacation. Maybe the system went down. There could be numerous reasons. Call the Trustee and ask what happened.

Des.

Comment

Sometimes it's just the timing of the payment by your employer. The checks have to be in the trustee's account for a minimum number of days before they disburse (15, I think) I have had several months where my employer didn't send the check early enough in the month and it arrived too late and the trustee did not disburse until the following payment.

Comment

I don't worry about what is being disbursed to whom and when. My job is to make my plan payments. It is the trustee's job to distribute funds to creditors. If she makes an error, it's up to her to discover that in audit and fix the error.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X