Saving Ch13 and delinquent mortgage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hooray!!! Let the party being (very soon I hope!!!) Cogradulations!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

So we received our discharge 4/4/2016, but still had to come up with another $1K to have our judge issue a court order to strip the lien. We, ok I, decided to push the mortgage back a couple weeks and paid the fee. I was very lucky to get the call on a Thursday that the order was ready, but I had to do the footwork to complete. Friday, the next day I worked my tail off to get my work done(a delivery oriented job) and was able to pick up the order from the attorney's office at around 1:30. Good thing everything was in walking distance as I had to go to the court clerks office to get a certified copy and was a small block away. Then cross the street to the county offices and record the order with the records office. Friday must be the best day as there were no customers at the court clerks office and very few at he county records office. From the time I drove up to my attorney's office to getting back in my car in their lot was 45 minutes. I just received the copy back showing that it has been recorded. By the way the county clerks wants exact change so I had to walk to a bank then get change.

So, now I am comfortable saying that we have completed our chapter 13 BK with lien strip in its entirety.

In my mental timeline it took 7 years. Once we decided to file a year to plan and reduce income plus another 6 months because I received some monies that could have been claimed by the trustee. In the end we made our last payment in November 2015 and was complete in June 2016.

Even though there is some breathing room I am now working much less overtime and therefore not making as much money. We are getting by and because we are debt free I am good with that. At least now its a choice to work extra overtime to pay for something specific like a car for a kid or home renovation of some type rather than paying a debt that we have no hope in paying off.

I will fight tooth and nail to stay debt free, help my kids, and plan for a desirable retirement.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Very nice to find that your lien strip is now a reality!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yay!!!! The end has finally arrived. That's great news. Nothing like running a marathon on the last day.
            Good luck on everything going forward.
            I hope to be finished in July or August at the latest.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X