Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to come in and say hello. I hope you are all doing well. We just sent in our 24th payment today. This leaves 12 more to go. I must admit I would not have been able to get through the first year without all of your support and help, the first year was indeed the hardest. It is always interesting finding new ways to save. We have been getting pre-approved applications for CC & we did get one to start to build up our credit. Charging 10% on a $600.00 credit line & then paying it off. We will never get into the mess that brought us to file for Bk. again. We have learned the difference between "want & need". Little things like going to Bath & Body Works to stock up on 6 mos. of hand soap Now when I am down to the amt. that is left in each bathroom I go and replenish that amount. Changing supermarkets saved us at least $50-60 a week. As a perk at work my husbands boss is giving him 3 days off w/pay and told him we could use his beach house.

With all of you and a positive attitude, lots of hard work, Chapter 13 can work. Our next phase is to be able to get a car. It will happen.

Nice to be back here & see you all soon. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Hi Sammie!!!!

It is so nice to see you We both started our journey around the same time. I'm glad you are doing well and look forward to reading your posts again.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
      We have been getting pre-approved applications for CC & we did get one to start to build up our credit.
      So you are in a Ch 13 plan and you have been able to get a credit card? Did you need trustee/court approval for that or does your CO or local rules allowed you to borrow up to a certain amount like $1K? For others here in 13, is it common to get pre-approval offers in the mail while in 13? Or does being in a 36 mo plan as opposed to 60 mos have any effect on this?

Congrats on your success so far!

Comment

Hi Sammie so good to hear from you. The next 12 months will be over before you know it

Comment

Originally posted by switch625 View Post
          So you are in a Ch 13 plan and you have been able to get a credit card? Did you need trustee/court approval for that or does your CO or local rules allowed you to borrow up to a certain amount like $1K? For others here in 13, is it common to get pre-approval offers in the mail while in 13? Or does being in a 36 mo plan as opposed to 60 mos have any effect on this?

Congrats on your success so far!
          I received several offers while in an active 13 and for kicks I went ahead and applied. Only to be turned down. Interesting that some can get them and others not, particularly unsecured. On the other hand, in the interest of re-building credit I have received offers from CapOne with no annual fee. With a TransUnion score of 685 and Experian of 712, the scores have been high enough to once again have some plastic in my wallet. I may use it on rare occasions. I'm so used to paying cash or using the debit card, knowing full well that the money is in the account, that it seems downright unnatural and a bit of apprehension, using a credit card.

Here's to that feeling never going away.
          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X