Plan Confirmed, Bogus Claim Filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Confirmed, Bogus Claim Filed

Our plan was confirmed on the 10th, thank God that's over with!

BUT...I received proof of claim papers from a Wells Fargo lawyer that say our mortgage is in arrears by $1089.74. NDS shows that is is in our payment plan. We have NEVER missed a payment on the house we're keeping, so the claim is totally bogus. I've put in an email to our attorney, I guess he'll figure that out. In the great scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I pay the same $795 for 60 months, regardless of who gets the money. Still, it just seems wrong to me...
    Chapter 13 - May 2014
    Broke but not broken...

Always report bogus claims and let your attorney deal accordingly. I don't like it when creditors receive undeserved, excuse me, receive payments for which they are not due.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by May2014 View Post
      Our plan was confirmed on the 10th, thank God that's over with!

BUT...I received proof of claim papers from a Wells Fargo lawyer that say our mortgage is in arrears by $1089.74.
      Did you accrue late charges that werent paid or is your escrow short somehow?

Comment

I talked to Wells Fargo on another issue, and the only thing funny with my bill is that I had $158 in credits because they never applied the extra to the principle. I tend to round up to the nearest $10. Even my credit report reflects that I've never been behind. They did re-do the escrow (and dropped my payment), but this was well after we filed. I guess our attorney will look into it and make sure the right creditor gets paid.
        Chapter 13 - May 2014
        Broke but not broken...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X