top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use USPS Money Order Inquiry System to Confirm Cashed Money Orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use USPS Money Order Inquiry System to Confirm Cashed Money Orders?

For my September Ch 13 payment, I decided to use USPS money orders instead of bank MO or TFS. I know that USPS has a website, the Money Order Inquiry System (just Google it and it will pop up). They have a box to type in the MO serial # and it is supposed to give you the status of the MO (cashed). For me it says "No information is available for serial number". Just curious if anyone has successfully tracked postal MOs with this site.

update: I realize what I found may be an old Postal Service site that may no longer be valid. Just checking if it actually works and if not, if there are other ways to find out if a MO has been cashed. i know if it got lost, I could get it traced and get a refund, but I'm also the type who checks Pacer several times a day!
    Last edited by switch625; 10-01-2014, 04:59 PM.

I wasn't aware of the system. But, I just checked the status of the money order I purchased on 9/16 and that NDC shows as received on 9/25 and I get the same message you got. I get the same message for my June and August money orders that have both been received by the trustee.

Seems like a pretty useless system. The FAQ links are even broken.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X