Plan Completed As Of Sept. 24, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Completed As Of Sept. 24, 2014

We are so thrilled & I have all of you to thank. My husband went to our Attorney's Office this morning & his Bankruptcy Asst. greeted him with a smile and handshake & said, "Congratulations to you and your wife, your Plan was completed in Sept. The Trustee was impressed with your prompt & timely payments. We generally don't see this with a Ch. 13". We now wait for our Discharge.

I will post more later, for whatever reason my computer is only letting me post a few sentences at a time.

JB we will be taking those payments and putting them right to the Principal of our 3rd Mtge.

Spidge I am still too nervous to change my signature, it will happen.

BKRUPT IN NC I am very happy to be living in the Tar Heel State.

bb soon sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Congratulations!!!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Very good news. I am sure your discharge will be swift.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

So Happy for you

Comment

I have tried to write this post 3x since Sat., maybe this time it will let me post it.

All of you have been with me from the beginning of this journey & I wanted to share some of the invaluable lessons that you all taught me----

1) don't grieve over things you do not have look around & be grateful for what you do have.

2) my husband can fix the washer, dryer, d/w, garage door opener (ok, maybe not the gdo) but he did try.

3) changing your lifestyle is not as difficult as it may seem at first. Before filing I would spend at least $150/ wk for 2 of us at our Organic Supermarket. By making detailed lists and changing stores I learned I could still buy high quality food at a savings of almost 50%. I now spend between $60/$70 wk. for our food.

4) the Salvation Army! I came to realize that it just wasn't the store that took my donations (which I needed when I purchased them) & donated with most of the price tags still on. I went inside and they have jeans, & yes, they are my size.

5) that $90 puppy that Rescued us, from the Shelter (that I would never walk into unless we were donating food) loves us unconditionally & we absolutely adore her. As you may all remember her Pedigree "sister" passed away quite unexpectedly on 09/11/2012, the night before our 341 Meeting. All of you got me through that horrible time. I cannot thank you enough.

tb finished----

Comment

Continued from above

6) we celebrated our 31st Wedding Anniversary a couple of weeks ago & celebrated the beginning of a new life, without knowing that it was coming earlier than expected.

7) our Adult children and g'children are happy to see us, although we only have 1 present to give each of them instead of a room full. It just isn't about that any longer.

8) You have taught me an invaluable lesson, humility, determination, to be honest with yourself & take one step at a time, there is an eventual end-----

9) Those Jones'?? I haven't seen one of those people that we had at the numerous parties that cost us a fortune---not one of them has invited us to their home for a glass of water---where were they when we were paying off those cc bills? Gone---and they are for good out of our lives.

10) It is because of the warm, wonderful people right here on this Forum that have been my support these 2 years. When I cried, you were here, when I laughed, you were here, when I wanted to ditch it all, you were here. Here you are now to celebrate that it is over for us.

Now, I want to do the same thing and pay it forward for the people that come in scared after me. Chapter 13 is not death, it is a stepping stone to life!!!

Thank you my friends! sammie

Comment

Thanks for sharing Sammie. Great posts.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

congratulations!!!!!!
                Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Yay Sammie!!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I'm so happy for you Sammie..we started around the same time and I remember the hard time the night before confirmation. I'm so glad you're life has turned around and you, your husband and new family member are doing well. Enjoy your new freedom.
                    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you everyone! sophieanne, we are all fine, thank you for asking. I hope that you are as well. Before you know it we will be celebrating with you.

Have a good night everyone. sammie

Comment

Well said.
                        Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Congratulations
                          Filed Chap 13 12/13/09
                          First payment 1/1/2010
                          341 1/13/2010
                          Confirmation scheduled 2/9/2010

Comment

CONGRATS!!! I'll be joining you in February!
                            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Congrats and here's to you!!!! Bravo! Great bullet points!!!
                              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X