No announcement yet.

Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are wonderful was to pay it forward, Sammie. One thing to think about with the Food Bank is that if you give them the cash you would spend on food, they can make your money go further than you can. That's the case with my local food bank anyway. When I volunteered, they said they can get $9 of food for every dollar worth of food we can buy. Donations of food may be better for smaller organizations. Before you go out and buy those turkeys and hams, you might want to call your local food bank and find out if they would prefer the cash. Here's are a couple of articles on the topic, but they do focus on donations of can goods rather than fresh food. http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable...-at-food-banks http://www.slate.com/articles/busine...old_food_.html

Next time you want to repair an appliance, try ordering your parts at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ You have 365 days to return a part if it doesn't solve the problem. Since I have been in Chap 13, I have bought parts from them to fix my washing machine, range and refrigerator. They also have a page where you can search for a solution for your problem. If you don't find a solution there, google a description of your problem and the make and model of your appliance and you very well may find help.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR thank you so much for the information. I am going to check with our Food Bank about the money.
      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Congrats! How were you able to finish early?

Comment

Congratulations!! I love love love this! We are a year into our 5 year plan-- so I love seeing positive posts! Congrats Sammie!

Comment

Once again thank you everyone! melron1 We sent all of our payments in usually 2 wks. before they were due, and never expected an early closed plan. Our Attorney said that almost all of the CC companies never filed a claim, & those that did were minimal & dismissed. None of our debts were secured. Mtges. are paid outside of our plan.

In the past week we have been deluged with junk mail for new credit cards, new cars and refinance of our Mortgage. Each letter starting the same way, "Congratulations on the Discharge of your 13 Bankruptcy". How do these people get this information? I don't know, but each letter went right into the shredder.

Been there, done that! Never again. sammie
            Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
              Once again thank you everyone! melron1 We sent all of our payments in usually 2 wks. before they were due, and never expected an early closed plan. Our Attorney said that almost all of the CC companies never filed a claim, & those that did were minimal & dismissed. None of our debts were secured. Mtges. are paid outside of our plan.

In the past week we have been deluged with junk mail for new credit cards, new cars and refinance of our Mortgage. Each letter starting the same way, "Congratulations on the Discharge of your 13 Bankruptcy". How do these people get this information? I don't know, but each letter went right into the shredder.

Been there, done that! Never again. sammie
              Love getting this kind of "JUNK MAIL". Am still getting it but not like right after discharge. Gotta admit that it sure beats the bills I used to get.
              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
                How do these people get this information?
                It's all public record and all available electronically or by going to the court house. There are people who make a living sitting at the court in front of computers making lists of whatever kind of information an advertiser is looking for based on documents filed each day.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!'
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by BNKRPTinNC View Post
                    Love getting this kind of "JUNK MAIL". Am still getting it but not like right after discharge. Gotta admit that it sure beats the bills I used to get.
                    Yeah! Our mailbox stays mostly empty now, and that is good.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X