Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

I wrote in here just 2 weeks ago that our plan was completed. Today we received our Discharge Papers in the mail. We cannot believe it really has happened. We are Discharged after 2 1/2 years in our Chapter 13. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, it just feels so unreal.

Thank you for all of the support you all have given me. Now to pay it forward. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Congrats Sammie. Great accomplishment and now you can climb the steps of the courthouse, raise your hands with fists, and announce your victory.

Man it must feel sooo good.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations Sammie...with the paper in the hand it's all real. What a gift to start the holiday season.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We have a Chapter 13 Discharge Party!!!! Well done Sammie, and Thank You for paying it forward:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats!
            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Congrats Sammie... wow that's amazing 10 mths early !!
              Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
              Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
              Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

congrats!!!!!!
                Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Comment

Love, love, love your Chapter 13 discharge. All Chapter 13 debtors who make it through the end are extremely deserving, in my opinion.

You've graduated from the College of Debt with a Masters in Budgeting. Sure, you were up some late nights writing a paper on "How Am I Going to Enjoy Christmas" or "What if the Car Breaks?". You took courses such as Confirmation 101: It's Not What You Think (a course for Catholics), Managing a Budget Not Created By You 201, Lien Stripping 101, and Trustee: Friend Or Foe 302.

Congratulations!
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke... that was great ... I found it to be a relief when every time I bought something at a dept store and they wanted me to open a credit card I just said "NO Thanks" without hesitation. I need to continue that motto. I remember having like $5.00 in my checking about 5 days b4 payday and somehow made it work. Thank god I love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for breakfast ,lunch & dinner. A couple times I took a couple rolls of toilet paper from work (sad) because I didn't want to spend that last $ 5.00 on toilet paper. Being divorced with grown children I think I had it a little easier with just having to worry about myself. If I didn't have money for gasoline I just didn't go anywhere. I did have some rough patches and not such great Christmas of years past w/my grandchildren but everyone knew the deal so I made it work. It shouldn't be about money spent but time spent w/family at the holidays. I need to continue that motto too ...
                      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Congratulations, Sammie!
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                          Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

Wow! A hamster party just for me? I love celebrating the hamster parties with & for all of you. Thank you so much AC & everyone else.

You have all been the backbone of my support through this Ch. 13 & thank you just doesn't seem it is enough. I wish we could all get together for a pot luck supper.

Funny, true story--the challenges of getting through a 13! The day after our plan was closed 2 wks. ago my clothes dryer died. Yes, yes it did. It was 10 yrs. old and fixed 3x in the last 3 yrs. Hubby even bought a $30, non-returnable part to see if he could fix it. Nope! Our HOA won't let us hang out laundry & dh is the VP---Seriously??? So I decided to go to Lowe's who was having a big appliance sale and purchase a middle of the line dryer, $500 with Tax. Another time I would have bought the $999 dryer and put it on my Lowe's card without blinking an eye. I dipped into the Christmas money I have been saving since last Jan. The kids are still going to have Christmas, but I am going to have a dryer too.

(computer giving me a problem to be continued)
                            Last edited by Sammie; 11-10-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Time to pay it forward-----I found out that the payment we sent in for Nov. was sent was mailed back to us last Friday. I was in our Aldi market the other day & noticed there were families there struggling to buy groceries. I intend to take a portion of the money we receive, go to Aldi's closer to Thanksgiving, pick a family and buy their groceries. Then off to the Animal Shelter with some food for the "furbabies". Tomorrow I start ringing the bells for the Salvation Army Christmas/Holiday fund. The Food Bank will also get turkey's and ham's from us.

I decided to do this having been on a local free forum in our area last night. Someone was giving away a full sized mattress & the poster said, "has numerous stains". There were 32 replies asking for this mattress. Another person was looking for beds for 2 adults and 4 children, they had to throw their furniture away because of bed bugs. I looked at my husband and said, "do you know how lucky we are & how grateful we should be for everything"? I then thought to myself, you never would have looked at posts like these a few yrs. ago or even cared. Then everything was put in perspective---- I will be here to give the same support to others as you have given me. hugs, to all of you sammie

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X