top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 months left yet website shows 9 months..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well according to my Attorneys office, the Trustee agreed to let me finish the plan before the planned 60 months. I'm gonna cal them tomorrow to get the exact details. She did mention that some of the creditors did not file a claim, but according to the NDC website every single creditor did file a claim. I will follow up and post the info I'm given.

Comment

I think that the NDC website shows all debts listed in your schedules, whether or not they filed claims. Look in the "scheduled amount" and "claim amount" columns. If the claim amount is zero, it is because the creditor didn't file a claim or the filed claim was not allowed.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

I am glad to hear you are really finishing earlier than planned!

Just to clarify, the reason your plan is ending early is that after 7 more payments, you will have paid 100% of all of the claims that were actually filed by creditors, correct? If so, then it wasn't up to your trustee to agree or not agree that your plan would end early. A plan must end once 100% of approved (i.e., filed and not objected to) claims are paid.
        OK just got off the phone with my Attorneys office. My base plan is 59%. But do to some creditors not responding, I will have reached 80% by the October payment. So as I understand our conversation, the trustees office will allow me to end the plan 7 months short of the original 60 month plan at the 80%. I have no idea why, but I won't question it. According to my math I will not be at 100% with any of the current creditors by October

Additionally, my Attorney told me he was initially contacted by trustees office with the offer, if you would call it an offer.
        Last edited by chp13; 05-07-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chp13 View Post

OK just got off the phone with my Attorneys office. My base plan is 59%. But do to some creditors not responding, I will have reached 80% by the October payment. So as I understand our conversation, the trustees office will allow me to end the plan 7 months short of the original 60 month plan at the 80%. I have no idea why, but I won't question it. According to my math I will not be at 100% with any of the current creditors by October

Additionally, my Attorney told me he was initially contacted by trustees office with the offer, if you would call it an offer.
          Interesting. I wonder if this is the same trustee as the person whose plan ended early without paying 100% and their attorney couldn't explain why. The attorney told them not to rock the boat.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I have found that some Trustee will let you out early if you meet the plan base and are in the plan for at least 36-months. It really depends on the Trustee and/or the District.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. At least, that's what they tell me.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

Interesting. I wonder if this is the same trustee as the person whose plan ended early without paying 100% and their attorney couldn't explain why. The attorney told them not to rock the boat.
              Might be. I asked her if I could send extra money in order to shorten the remaining months but she advised against it. She didn't tell me why but I could assume why.

Comment

BTW I'm located in the Souther California District

Comment

Originally posted by chp13 View Post
                  BTW I'm located in the Souther California District
                  I searched for the thread about the plan that ended early to see if it might have been a Southern California case, but couldn't find it.

Comment

Could the filer being under or over median income effect the outcome of this scenario?
                    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                      Could the filer being under or over median income effect the outcome of this scenario?
                      I'm over the median

Comment

But, yes, being under median would make a difference. If income was under median, the plan can end any time after 36 months as long as arrears on secured debt, attorney fees and, I believe, priority debt, is paid 100%.

Comment

Whos the trustee?
                          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                            Whos the trustee?
                            I'm sorry, but at the moment, I'd rather not say.

Comment

Well, I just received a copy of a letter which was submitted by my Trustees office to the Bankruptcy Judge. "Post Confirmation Order Modifying Chapter 13 Plan" The "General unsecured creditors will receive the greater if 80%" box was checked. My attorney, Chp. 13 Trustee and Judge signed off on it... Looks like my end is alot closer then the original 60 months!! Woot woot!! Anyone familiar with this form/ procedure (Form CSD 2200)?

Comment

That appears to be a local form (Form CSD 2200... e.g. California Southern District Form 2200). Congratulations!
                                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X