Only one of two money orders appears as received on NDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one of two money orders appears as received on NDC

I made my payment to the trustee this week and only one of the two postal money orders I sent (over 1K payment) appears on NDC as received on Xmas eve and wouldn't you know that the non-posted MO was for the 1K amount. Maybe that one was in a different pile and they shut down early on Xmas eve when processing it? I mailed both MOs to Memphis in the same envelope. Has this ever happened to you, where one is received and not the other? I have my purchase receipt and the MO stubs, so I can do the trace and refund claim when I need to, so how long should I wait until I start that process?

I have found NDC to be somewhat unreliable and slow to update info.. I wouldn't worry yet, give it some more time.
    Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
    Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Comment

I'd give it 7 days before worrying. With the holidays, most businesses closed around noon on Christmas Eve and they won't be back working until Monday (12/29). Then you will still have the New Year holiday to deal with on 12/31 and 1/1/2015.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by switch625 View Post
        I made my payment to the trustee this week and only one of the two postal money orders I sent (over 1K payment) appears on NDC as received on Xmas eve and wouldn't you know that the non-posted MO was for the 1K amount. Maybe that one was in a different pile and they shut down early on Xmas eve when processing it? I mailed both MOs to Memphis in the same envelope. Has this ever happened to you, where one is received and not the other? I have my purchase receipt and the MO stubs, so I can do the trace and refund claim when I need to, so how long should I wait until I start that process?
        switch625, that was always my biggest fear with sending the 2 mo's, only one mo would get posted. For a while I paper clipped them and lately when I put them in the envelope I always moved them to each end of the envelope so they would hopefully see both. There is a form that you have to fill out and I believe it takes 60 days to replace.

I would wait until after the holidays and make sure it is not posted late. I did contact the NDC once about the delays in posting information and they did get back to me. It also has to feed through the trustees office. So you could try contacting them also.

Good luck, I hope it turns up.
        Last edited by jange; 12-27-2014, 12:06 PM.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I had this happen to me. They had actually left one in the envelope. I called the trustee and they reached out to the lockbox servicer and after a search they found the second MO. I would call as soon as possible.
          Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Have you ever sent a money order for over $1000 before? Most issuers won't print one for over $1k and often times it will get kicked back if there was a mistake. We offer cashier's checks for anything more than $1000 at the bank where I work. You can contact the place you got the money order and see if it has been cashed. If so, you should be able to prove that you've paid on time, even if the trustee's records or NDC are messed up.
            Chapter 13 - May 2014
            Broke but not broken...

Comment

Originally posted by May2014 View Post
              Have you ever sent a money order for over $1000 before? Most issuers won't print one for over $1k and often times it will get kicked back if there was a mistake. We offer cashier's checks for anything more than $1000 at the bank where I work. You can contact the place you got the money order and see if it has been cashed. If so, you should be able to prove that you've paid on time, even if the trustee's records or NDC are messed up.
              I have paid on my ch 13 plan in almost every way I am allowed to do, which is cashier check, money order or TFS (online). I have done bank cashier's check and over the past few months, postal money orders because it the cheapest fee and the only hassle is filling out info on both money orders. Just find it unusual to have one posted and not the other. This might compel me to go back to TFS again, which is around $5 a payment. I've seen NDC update daily (which is the case this week) and not update for a few days (a few months ago).

Thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

I had this happen years ago with a credit card for a gasoline company. My mother and I both sent checks in the same envelope with the statement to the gasoline card company. This one time, one was posted and the other was not. I called the company and asked what was going on?

"We are only required to take one check out."
                "So basically, anything else in the envelope is thrown away?"
                "That is correct."
                I said, "We will see about that!"

We had an antique stapler, and a full box of it's staples. These were the large, squarish flat ones that defeat modern staple removers. Each time we mailed a payment to this company from then on was stapled in FOUR places with this stapler holding our two checks, and the statement until this account was paid off. And that was the end of our business with that company.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

An update: The 1k money order posted yesterday according to NDC. All is good. Thanks for your advice and Happy New Year!

Comment

switch625, glad to hear that! Happy New Year!
                    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X