The wait is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wait is killing me!

Final payment on my chapter 13 was in October. Still waiting for discharge. Normally I wouldn't care. We had a van that needs to be replaced, but it is still running. Unfortunately in November our other car was totaled. Insurance paid for a rental until December 1, but we have been paying for the rental since then. Basically, waiting for discharge has cost me almost $2000 so far that could have been used for a down payment. Anyway, no question here, I just needed to vent.

What lousy timing! Have you been in touch with your attorney to make sure all the t's have been crossed to insure there are no unnecessary delays?

Hang in there! And welcome to BKforum! Hopefully we'll be having a discharge party for you soon.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes, everything is filed and waiting now, for some reason the trustee sat on it for a while, waited until Jan 12 to change to closed in ndc, but backdated to 10/14. Notice of Final Cure payment was almost the next day, but no response from mortgage co yet. I guess they have until next Tuesday. All of our paperwork is filed. Notice of intent to discharge from trustee was done in mid Jan, which says creditors have 60 days to respond. That would put my discharge mid March, but my lawyer seems to think it will happen before that. I have no clue, but sick of throwing money away on a rental.

Comment

I hope your attorney is right! My attitude when people have finished their Chap 13 and are impatient for the discharge is usually "Be happy you are done and go about your life. The process takes time, but you will get your discharge." But, in your situation, I really feel for you.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yeah that is a bum deal! To bad its not rent to own! Gah !!! ;-(
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

txbksurvivor. We are on about the same time table and I can feel your pain... Well, except for the vehicle issues (fingers crossed that nothing like that happens before discharge)... Right now I have close to $1000 credit sitting in my case. In fact they just credited $ 35 this week as "over paid base reversal" so I am hoping that means the audit is complete ?? I have come to the conclusion some things are out of my control and this is one of them. In due time the discharge will come. I think I made the mistake of counting down the months till I hit my base amount and expected some speedy ending that is just not happening. I feel fortunate to have made it the 5 yrs without any issues . Its OK to vent.. I did it on here a few months ago
            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Its a frustrating process that you'll have no control over. I felt that since I met my obligation of paying back the base plan amout that they should complete it asap, but unfortunatley it doesn't work that way. They get to you when the get to you.

I paid my final payment on 12/09/14 and finally last week got them to stop taking payments. That was a big relief.

As of a few days ago, NDC shows my status as "J - Completed", and shows the case was closed on 01/27/15.

I hope that means my discharge will be entered soon!

Does the Judge have a discharge hearing or do they just close it out after the trustee presents the case?
              Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
              Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Comment

I made my last payment in December for January 2015. In January they paid out the regular months payments but my trustee has always held back one month. So the NDC still shows active, since there is a balance. Hopefully once the February checks get sent later this week, the status will change. I know I have seen a few times where the trustee reissued a check that I assume one was never cashed. Maybe they have kept that part of the audit current.
                I mailed in a MO every month, so I am only $2 over the base plan.
                Here's to being patient!
                Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Still nothing, though at this point 21 days has passed since the dated notice of Final Cure Payment, and pacer shows no response from the mortgage company. I thought they were required to respond? I suppose it is possible that they mailed a response to the trustee and the trustee has not uploaded it to pacer.

Comment

I had 1st mort respond & nothing from 2nd yet but that's not to say it wasn't submitted.. I am sure they have hundreds if not thousand of cases they are processing. Just get yourself in the mindset that this is going to be a very slow process on their terms not yours ....
                    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

It appears today that the Trustee's website lists a new Trustee for my area, I wonder if I got lost in the shuffle.

Comment

Interesting. I called the trustee's office to ask about the status of my case since a new trustee was listed. They said everything was filed, it should discharge "in about a month" When I asked if it was really being delayed until 5 months after my final payment, she said "Yes, we had some problems here". I know everyone has problems, and I should be understanding, but their problems look like they are going to cost me about $2k out of pocket vs the standard 3 months from final payment to discharge... so mad!

Comment

Woot! Finally discharged today it seems. Pacer shows a discharge date of today, though no discharge letter is filed yet... It has been a long wait, but damn happy it is over.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txbksurvivor View Post
                              Interesting. I called the trustee's office to ask about the status of my case since a new trustee was listed. They said everything was filed, it should discharge "in about a month" When I asked if it was really being delayed until 5 months after my final payment, she said "Yes, we had some problems here". I know everyone has problems, and I should be understanding, but their problems look like they are going to cost me about $2k out of pocket vs the standard 3 months from final payment to discharge... so mad!
                              First off a huge congrats for such a great accomplishment.

Why is a delay in your discharge costing you?
                              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X