Plan Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Completed

After a long 5 years I have finally completed my plan. My order to stop wage deductions has also been sent to my employer.
    It feels like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my chest. I am so excited I will have almost $1500.00 per month added to my monthly income. Unlike others I didn't research enough or do any homework before filing which made my 5 years miserable. I am happy, happy, happy.

Southern District of Ohio

Filed 11/2009
    Confirmed 04/2010
    Last payment to trustee 12/2014
    Wage order released 02/2015
    Plan completed 02/2015

Congratulations!!! You made it!!! I hear you on not researching enough.
    Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

Congrats. Good for you.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

A great big congrats!!!!! You did it!!! Woo hoo!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations. I think a lot of us go into this without much knowledge. We are stressed and scared going in...

Comment

I am so happy for you...congratulations!!!!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations! Use that $1500 wisely! Well, maybe be a little frivolous with the first $1500. You deserve to reward yourself.

I am so glad to have found BKforum before I filed. In fact, I never even considered BK until I stumbled on this forum while trying to figure out how to deal with my mortgage that had reached the end of the 5 year interest only period. After reading here for a while, it became obvious that BK was the best solution. By the time I consulted with attorneys, I had learned so much that I was able to correct one attorney. She later emailed me to tell me I was right and thanked me. I am often surprised when people join the forum after being in a Chap 13 for a year or more and have very little understanding of how a Chap 13 works. Attoenys really should do a better job of educating their clients! Or, in some cases, they need to educate themselves!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

congrats! It is wonderful having that extra income back!
                Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by jange View Post
                  congrats! It is wonderful having that extra income back!

Hello,

I agree...I wish I did more research. I just made my last payment in December after 5 years. Do you happen to know how long it took for your file to finally get discharged? My attorney said I am basically just waiting for the Trustee to sign off on something to make it officially discharged.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk101 View Post
                    Hello,

I agree...I wish I did more research. I just made my last payment in December after 5 years. Do you happen to know how long it took for your file to finally get discharged? My attorney said I am basically just waiting for the Trustee to sign off on something to make it officially discharged.
                    It seems to vary wildly by location. I have heard of discharges within 60 days, I am about 4 months past my last payment with no discharge yet. It's hard, and it sucks, but patience is recommended. (I suck at this part)

Comment

Originally posted by dunk101 View Post
                      Hello,

I just made my last payment in December after 5 years. Do you happen to know how long it took for your file to finally get discharged? My attorney said I am basically just waiting for the Trustee to sign off on something to make it officially discharged.
                      My last payment was in January,though I mailed it the end of December, so I don't have my discharge yet. This week they finally sent out the final checks to everyone. I got my $2 back today. My attorney told me I should have the discharge by April. The trustee has to do the final audit on his end to make sure everyone got paid and the checks cashed. He also sends out notification discharge to everyone, I think with 30 days to object. Dunk101 what district are you in? I'm in eastern.
                      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I have not received my discharge as of yet, but I definitely will be calling my Trustee office 30 days after my plan completion date. I am also waiting on my debtor refund check.

Comment

Congrats!!! It is a wonderful feeling.
                          Filed 9/14/09
                          Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

It's a little early as you haven't gotten the official Discharge paperwork yet, but I feel like celebrating, so here goes:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is GREAT news!!!! We have a third St. Valentine's Day Discharge party !! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I hope you have a Loved One to spend it with....
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

W

Originally posted by jange View Post
                              My last payment was in January,though I mailed it the end of December, so I don't have my discharge yet. This week they finally sent out the final checks to everyone. I got my $2 back today. My attorney told me I should have the discharge by April. The trustee has to do the final audit on his end to make sure everyone got paid and the checks cashed. He also sends out notification discharge to everyone, I think with 30 days to object. Dunk101 what district are you in? I'm in eastern.
                              I am in Eastern Pennsylvania. My last month was December 2014. So I am just waiting patiently. What $2 check are you referring to? Does everyone get some sort of debtor refund/credit?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X