top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does NDC update and when should we begin to see some action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does NDC update and when should we begin to see some action?

Hello,

We have 2.3 payments left...technically 1.3 because a payment was just made but not yet posted. When should our status in NDC change? Also I've seen nothing in Pacer relating to the end. When should we start to see something? I've noticed that the last few payment have been taking close to two week to reflect on NDC when before it's been a week. Normal!

Thanks!

I noticed that NDC has been slow this week and it has not updated daily. My Ch 13 payments (postal money orders) are mailed out on Fridays and usually post on NDC the following Wednesday. My latest went out last Friday 2/27 and did not post until Friday 3/6. I'm going to guess that the payment processors were shut down for a day or two due to the winter weather last week. I saw on the Weather Channel that Memphis was hit pretty hard by snow and ice. I don't know where NDC is physically located, but NDC seems to have its own rythym as to when it updates.

Comment

NDC seems to always be a couple days behind. This comes from when a payment is posted as received it is backdated almost every time. Distributions are even back dated. FYI, I am one of those who logs in almost every day or when a payment is about to post or be distributed.

I have seen on this forum where people have had one payment to go and the status was changed to "getting ready to close" or once the last distribution has been sent out changed to "in final audit". Only your trustee can answer this question though, so unfortunately you get to keep practicing patience.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thanks to you both for the responses. Nice Spidge, patience was part of the message today in church!

Comment

I have two payments left and I noticed last week that the status on NDC is "-Z-about to close." I don't know how long it has been that way because I wasn't paying any attention to the status before. I think that when certain things show up on NDC varies by trustee.

I think something will show up on NDC before anything shows up on PACER. The first thing that shows up on PACER will probably be either the Trustee's notice of completion. Next is the Debtor's certification re financial management course and domestic support obligations that must be filed by the debtor when the plan is complete. In my court, the certifications are in the form of a certification in support of discharge and notice of opportunity object. When I file that, the clerk will serve it on my creditors and have 20 days to object to my discharge based only on inaccuracies in the certification. But, that is a local rule.

I just looked up Maryland local rules:
          RULE 4008-1 DISCHARGE IN CHAPTER 13 CASES
          The Debtor’s Affidavit Requesting Discharge, Local Bankruptcy Form P, must be filed and served on the Chapter 13 Trustee and all creditors no later than ninety (90) days after the Chapter 13 Trustee files the notice of completion of plan payments. The failure to timely file this affidavit may result in the case being closed without a discharge.
          Here's Form P: http://www.mdb.uscourts.gov/sites/de...iles/LBF-P.pdf

It is similar to how it works in my court, but your creditors will have only 14 days to object.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you so much for the information LadyInTheRed. I think these last few months are the most difficult!

Comment

On the NDC mine still says Active, but on the right hand side it case cased closed 1/23/15. I'm just trying to be patient. Lawyer told to me to expect discharge in April! I log into pacer, see the date has not updated and log out again.
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Hi... My last wage garnishment was at the beginning of November. NDC shows case closed 12-1-15. Last disbursement to creditors was 12-22. Received notice that the creditors have until 4-10 to disagree with pmts made. Hearing scheduled for the 24th . Received check for $945 credit I was carrying on my case this past week.. Yeah 4 me ....So I do see the end in sight although it seems like its dragging out... Every state & trustee is different as I have seen on here discharges a lot faster but of course I wasn't as lucky... Just thankful to have made it thru & looking forward to a fresh start.
                Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Thank you jange and klanssb for sharing your experiences!

Comment

Originally posted by mylife View Post
                    Thank you so much for the information LadyInTheRed. I think these last few months are the most difficult!
                    Yeah, the closer I get to that last payment, the more antsy I get! I actually look forward to sending in each cashier's check. My penultimate payment is only 4 days away!
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

So the discharge process begins with the TT filing a notice of completion? I just made my final payment 10 days ago and I'm not sure if I should call my lawyer or just be patient. Last time I called the lawyer (new lawyer that my case was transferred to, so I don't know him), his receptionist tried to answer my questions and I didn't get the feeling she knew very much, hence the hesitation. I do know that I've already completed and filed the financial management course. I seem to remember signing something regarding domestic support obligations way back when I filed, but is there something I need to file again? Will I receive some kind of notification from the TT? I don't want to be the cause for delay in my own discharge.
                      Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                      341 meeting - 4/2010
                      Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
                        So the discharge process begins with the TT filing a notice of completion? I just made my final payment 10 days ago and I'm not sure if I should call my lawyer or just be patient. Last time I called the lawyer (new lawyer that my case was transferred to, so I don't know him), his receptionist tried to answer my questions and I didn't get the feeling she knew very much, hence the hesitation. I do know that I've already completed and filed the financial management course. I seem to remember signing something regarding domestic support obligations way back when I filed, but is there something I need to file again? Will I receive some kind of notification from the TT? I don't want to be the cause for delay in my own discharge.
                        Lissy I did contact my lawyer after my final payment posted. He sent the the child support form which has been signed, returned and posted on pacer. I had already completed the 2nd education class.
                        But not much else has happened. Can't hurt to let him you you made your final payment.
                        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I agree that you should let your attorney know thar you made your last payment and ask what needs to be done to make sure you get a prompt discharge.

Comment

Thank you! I did contact my lawyer this morning. She said I have not done the domestic support obligation form, so she is sending that to me. Once I sign it and send it back, she will file it. I did check my account with the trustee and it shows my last payment has posted, but there's still a balance of $1,200 that needs to be distributed to the creditors. Am I correct that those distributions will have to be made before the trustee takes any action? Historically, they send out checks to creditors towards the end of every month, so I'm thinking it might be a couple more weeks before they do that. Such is the waiting game. I thought I would be more relieved once I made that final payment, but I don't feel relieved at all. It almost feels wrong not to send in that payment this month like I've been doing for 5 years (although the extra money is nice).
                            Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                            341 meeting - 4/2010
                            Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Lissy, if you really need to send out a check, you are welcome to send it to me.

I can't say for sure, but I bet that money will be disbursed at the same time of month the trustee usually makes disbursements. Even then, it may take some time for you to get a discharge. Once you sign that form, send it back to your attorney and get confirmation that your attorney filed it with the court, it will be time to sit back and wait.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X