Is this a viiolation of the automatic stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a viiolation of the automatic stay

Just for curiosity, I checked out Credit Karma. One of the reports was reporting perfectly, the other report, provided by Experian was showing my accounts in Chapter 13, however it was also reporting late payments and the current balances on a number of the accounts. That's not allowed is it? I'm not a Credit Karma fan but thought I would take a look.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Good question and I am not certain. I do believe the last allowed (before the BK stay) report of balance and late payment can stay while listed as BK until discharge. I would like to know the specific details as we approach the end of our BK13.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do during an active 13 other than dispute the item on your credit report and wait for a response from the creditors. I did this for all three bureaus, and some went ahead and placed a zero balance on the account with no late payments, and others pretty much ignored the request. I don't think they're obligated by law to do much of anything until you're discharged.

The only reason I even cared about this is because I'm in the middle of purchasing a home -- yes, while in an active 13 -- and the clean ups were valuable for that purpose. Otherwise, I would've just waited until discharge to deal with it.

Comment

Thank you both for your respponses. Spidge, the late payments shown are from before filing. The balance shown is the balance that is showing on the trustee's site. Very weird. Even stranger, is that I ran my free yearly credit report in January and Experian was showing correctly with zero balances. This is kind of weird.
        Good luck wih your home purchase 159515951.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

It is correct for the pre-filing late payments to appear on your credit report. It is probably also correct to show balances because the debt has not yet been discharged. The balances should go to zero after discharge.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X