Almost 30 days past my 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost 30 days past my 341 meeting

Hi everyone. I had my 341 meeting on 2-12-16. Is it normal for nothing to show on Pacer? I read the sticky (3 deadlines to sweat out after 341 meeting) and I keep thinking something will show up on Pacer soon since 30 days are about to past. But I have absolutely nothing since. I have been watching for my name to pop up on the RSS feed from my court's website. And nothing shows up for me. I am so anxious and just want to start rebuilding soon.

I'm not sure anything will pop op on the RSS feed. Did you search for your case in PACER to determine the "Date of last filing"? That will let you know if anything was filed in your case. Otherwise, you'll just need to patiently await your discharge on or about 4/12/2016.

Remember, bankruptcy is a marathon not a sprint.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No news is good news. If anything shows up on Pacer regarding that 30 day deadline you are sweating about, it would be an objection to an exemption.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        I'm not sure anything will pop op on the RSS feed. Did you search for your case in PACER to determine the "Date of last filing"? That will let you know if anything was filed in your case. Otherwise, you'll just need to patiently await your discharge on or about 4/12/2016.
        Remember, bankruptcy is a marathon not a sprint.
        Yup, I have searched on Pacer as well. I checked the History/Documents section in Pacer and date of last filing was on 2/8/16. It says Financial Management Course (Batch). I also checked the Docket Report as well, and nothing has been posted. I have been just checking the RSS Feed since it seems like any updates to anyone's BK is posted there. If I see my name, then I will check out Pacer. It suppose to help keep costs of checking Pacer all the time. Thanks for the response. I'll try and be patient. About 30 more days to go.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          No news is good news. If anything shows up on Pacer regarding that 30 day deadline you are sweating about, it would be an objection to an exemption.

Eeek. Yeah, I am just being overly worried I guess. Gotta remember no news is good news.

Comment

Please do not run Docket History or any of the other reports. If you just search for your case and pull up the first screen (that has all the links to those other items), it is free. You only need to look at the Date of last filing! That's it. There is nothing to worry about at this point.

It is what it is at this point.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks. So, I was poking around and noticed a CH7 case NEVER got updated on pacer until it was updated as the debtor being discharged. So I guess that can happen to mine too. I will just wait it out for another 30 days and start checking again on the week that I am expected to be discharged.

Comment

I saw my case being updated through the RSS feeder. This was just posted. Seems like good news to me. Still not discharged yet of course, but seems like its going in the right direction....

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, (US Trustee Name), having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting held and concluded. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 3 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 0.00, Assets Exempt: $ XXX.XX, Claims Scheduled: $ XXXXXX.XX, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ XXXXX.XX.

Comment

That is good news. That's one deadline you can stop sweating about. I suggest you stop sweating entirely and enjoy life while awaiting your discharge.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just a quick follow up question regarding the 30 days after the 341:

I had my 341 on 3/23 and nothing has been done/updated on Pacer since then (other than the 341 meeting being held on 3/23). My attorney is saying that the trustee is interested in possibly selling our house or having us change exemptions & take our tax refund (he just gave us this news this last Tuesday 5/03).

My attorney made it sound as though the trustee has up until the discharged date (5/23) to bring up an objection to our appraised home value.

Does this sound right? I thought we were in the clear after about 4/25...but yet nothing has been updated on Pacer as of today (5/8). Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by CAbrokedude View Post
                      Just a quick follow up question regarding the 30 days after the 341:

I had my 341 on 3/23 and nothing has been done/updated on Pacer since then (other than the 341 meeting being held on 3/23). My attorney is saying that the trustee is interested in possibly selling our house or having us change exemptions & take our tax refund (he just gave us this news this last Tuesday 5/03).

My attorney made it sound as though the trustee has up until the discharged date (5/23) to bring up an objection to our appraised home value.

Does this sound right? I thought we were in the clear after about 4/25...but yet nothing has been updated on Pacer as of today (5/8). Just curious...
                      This issue went to the Supreme Court. The district court ruling was on the debtor's side, but the Supreme Court overturned the decision. The 30 days does not apply to an objection to the value. Here's an article about the ruling: http://www.monitordaily.com/article-...nkruptcy-case/

Comment

Thanks for the article Lady. I am assuming that after the 5/23 discharge date I won't have to worry about anything coming back related to this BK case. Even if the closing date is not until later this summer right? The discharge date is what is important here right?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X