top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you include a $0 balance CC in your CH-7 bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you include a $0 balance CC in your CH-7 bankruptcy?

I was just checking out my CRs, and noticed my only CC that had a $0 balance is reporting as Included in Bankruptcy. So I am a bit concerned, and I should have discussed this with my attorney before filing. And I probably should ask him, but before trying to accuse anyone of anything. Is there any valid or good reason why they would included a $0 balance CC in my BK?

You can dispute the "account included in bankruptcy" notation if you desire. If the credit card had a zero balance when you filed, then the issuing bank was not a creditor, and was not included in your bankruptcy. Of course, they still can close the account, and most likely have done so.

Comment

I'm just going to leave it alone. I was reading a thread about cards with $0 balances surviving BK, and just thought that this card could have survived if we didn't include it. But for whatever reason, my attorney included the card in the BK. Just thought maybe this was a mistake.

Comment

It really wouldn't matter if it was $0.00. Almost all "major" credit card companies subscribe to a service that notifies them of a bankruptcy filing. They'll close your account and IIB it even at $0.00. I had two accounts like this. They were instantly cancelled within 72 hours of filing. I did not list them in the bankruptcy paperwork.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My son has defaulted on $14K credit card debt. He is currently collection proof, but has maintained one credit card with a several thousand dollar credit line. Even with lawsuits and judgements against him, he just continues to use the card and pay it off in full. I don't want to jeopardize his situation, but I will say that is a large bank that has no local branches I woulda thought they would have picked up on all his other defaulted credit cards and shut it off.

Comment

Not all creditors routinely perform periodic monitoring of the credit report. Monitoring was actually big during the great recession (2006 - 2013 or so) where the banks would actually cut your credit limits when they noticed reporting that indicated you were having credit-related. I check my credit once in a while and see that random "promotional" and "periodic monitoring" (soft) credit pulls on my report. Some watch.... others don't.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X