Amendments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amendments

If I have amendments in my schedules, do I need to explain each change? or just submit the amended forms?

You don't have to explain the amendment when you file, but you might be asked to explain later.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi Lady, I have problem with life insurance and garnished funds exemptions. Pls check my post under Exemptions. When we say 'dependent' must it refer only to minors, how about my father if helives with me? Can I claim him in the homestead deed? For "interest in life insurance", does that refer to life insurance I got for myself or is it another person's life insurance where I am the beneficiary?

Comment

The biggest and most forgotten two (2) things when filing an amendment are a.) paying the amendment fee (when required), and b.) updating and also filing the "statistical" forms. If you are adding one or more creditors, you'll need to follow your local rules. You will need to serve the new creditors and file a Certificate of Service on those new creditors. You may also need to sign a new Declaration as well.

The best way to learn the rules is to either visit the Clerk's office or call them up to ask a "procedural" question regarding amendments.

(Note, not all amendments require a fee to be paid. Whenever you add a new creditor you need to serve that creditor the Notice of Bankruptcy and file a Certificate of Service with the court. There may be other local rules for your District which you must follow.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X