No announcement yet.

HELP!!!!!! Need documentation for trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 meeting is in 30 minutes and I'm so nervous!

Comment

Meeting over! The US Trustee didn't show up. The attorney thinks I satisfied her requests with the documentation. Now we wait for 60 days. Thank you guys so much for your help and advice!

Comment

The time will fly by, as long as you don't do what I did and check PACER multiple times a day.

Comment

I've heard horror stories about Florida Middle District and for people looking here in the future I want to say that the Trustee was very nice. The whole process was not at all what I had built up in my head. I asked my attorney about the Middle District reputation and she said it's not like that at all and the judges are very pro-debtor. It was nice to hear right before my hearing started. It's not an easy process and I couldn't have gotten through without everyone's advice.

Comment

The Middle is not "that" bad but each person's experience and what they thought of the experience gets reverberated over the Internet. The Middle obtained a bad reputation between about 2006-2012 or so before the "unused homestead exemption" was clarified by the Florida Supreme Court. It all had to do with the measly $1,000 exemption for all your worldly goods. Now that it was clarified, it is not too often where the Trustee sends an appraiser to your home to see if you have "more" than $1,000 in worldly goods because the unused homestead exemption (of $4,000) is usable by most debtors (and joint debtors can double).

Here's to a quiet 60 days!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Besides JBs valuable insight into the reasons for the Middle District's bad reputation, keep in mind that people who don't have problems aren't as likely to post on the internet looking for help. Most BK cases go pretty smoothly, wherever you are. We just hear more about the bad experiences than the good ones.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X