top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacer Flag question - Awaiting Close (asset Chapter 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer Flag question - Awaiting Close (asset Chapter 7)

Hi, I am new to the site though I have been lurking for a year. My apologies for not introducing myself first! Pacer has this flag "CsDisCh" which means "case discharged" according to my district. It also states under status "awaiting close". We were discharged in December 2019. My thinking is the Pacer flag "CsDisCh" is fine and the "awaiting close" status means that the trustee has to take our non-exempt dollars and distribute same to our creditors. We assume this means we may not close for several months? Does this have an effect on our discharge? I am obsessively checking Pacer daily. Thanks for any insight. Kind regards,
    Last edited by Faith527; 02-25-2020, 02:50 PM. Reason: To say hello

I do not believe it has any impact in your discharge and is purely administrative. I know for Chapter 13 folks we can log in to NDC.org to see where the distribution of monies has gone, not sure if you can do the same for Chapter 7; you might want to give it a try.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo thank you for the reassurance that awaiting close should not!won't affect my discharge . I will definitely take your advice and see if I can find out where the payments are being sent to. Very much appreciated kind regard Ma Faith
      Last edited by Faith527; 02-25-2020, 04:04 PM. Reason: Fix spelling

Comment

@Faith527..if Chapter 7 is the same as Chapter 13, you are discharged, but as far as creditors, etc., your case is still open until the final behind the scenes work is done by your trustee (creditors paid and their checks cleared, for acctng purposes) .Doesn't change the fact that you're discharged, just means it's not fully over yet, but your part is done. Congratulations and good luck going forward.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne Thank you! We did receive the Trustee Final Report on Pacer today - that is exactly what you are describing. I am going to post a separate question about the TFR now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X