Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post BK course

Good Morning All,

I filed chapter 13 in NV in June 2020. I had an uneventful 341 hearing with the end result being an objection to the plan and requested documents to support the extra food, clothing and medical expenses. Provided all requested documents prior to the confirmation hearing which was suppose to be on September 3 rd however it was rescheduled for October 29! I do not know why it was rescheduled. My Chapter 13 plan was proposed to last 5 years, and I’ve paid my trustee the plan amount $658.00 for the past 3 months. I have a couple questions I was hoping to get help with until I can speak with my attorney.

1. Is it somewhat normal for the confirmation ing to be rescheduled, or is it an indicator that there is a problem?
    2. Approximately 1 week prior to my confirmation hearing I received notice from my trustee that I must complete the post bankruptcy course. I’m a little confused by this because my understanding is that this course is suppose to happen after completing my chapter 13 plan before discharge of debt can happen. Well my plan hasn’t even been confirmed yet so why would my trustee request me to complete this post BK course, or is this normal?
    thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Originally posted by Gunterwoman View Post
    1. Is it somewhat normal for the confirmation ing to be rescheduled, or is it an indicator that there is a problem?
    Yes. In fact, most Chapter 13s take 6-12 months in order to confirm the plan. (Some States will confirm a plan rather quickly, but they use a different procedure.). Most bankruptcy courts don't want to confirm before the last date to file a claim plus 30 days. Some courts will even wait just to get the governmental claims (which have a 180 day deadline). The courts typically want all matters which could have been addressed, to be addressed before confirmation.

Originally posted by Gunterwoman View Post
    2. Approximately 1 week prior to my confirmation hearing I received notice from my trustee that I must complete the post bankruptcy course. I’m a little confused by this because my understanding is that this course is suppose to happen after completing my chapter 13 plan before discharge of debt can happen. Well my plan hasn’t even been confirmed yet so why would my trustee request me to complete this post BK course, or is this normal?
    Many Chapter 13 Trustees just want people to get it over and done with. Some Chapter 13 Trustees even provide this course for free (mine did)! Plus, some Chapter 13 Trustees feel that the information in that financial management course is useful during the Chapter 13. However, despite this happy-go-lucky push to get you to complete the course early, it is not due until the discharge date.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm not sure whether it was my attorney or my Trustee, but I was told to take the post bankruptcy course before my 341; funny thing, I forgot I'd done that and took a second post bankruptcy course just prior to my last payment. Duh!
      Latent car nut.

Comment

My attorney told me to complete both courses after we met. I finished them before the 341 mtg.
        shipo - you’re just an overachiever 😀
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X