Pacer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer question

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I have another one! The case manager said not to worry about the deadlines/hearings section of Pacer because they go by the docket updates. So under deadlines/hearings in Pacer, my deficiencies are still shown. When I got to the docket section, it shows they have been addressed.

Has this been your experience as well? I get very nervous to still see deficiencies open under the deadlines section, even though I can see in the docket section that they have processed them.

Deadlines and hearings is what I call the tickle file. That's used by the Clerk's Office for things that they are doing. I suggest that no one but a court clerk look there! (For what it's worth, every deadline and hearing will still be in that Deadlines/Hearings section of PACER for as long as the case is in PACER. They use either the Terminated or Satisfied date columns to tell themself, the Clerks, that something is completed. I don't understand when they use Terminated versus Satisfied, but that is what they use.)

A small hint for the Pro Se. Whenever you query for your docket, print off a copy and mark the date. Also if you view any document, please download it locally to your computer. You could possibly run up a PACER bill if you keep looking and searching.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Deadlines and hearings is what I call the tickle file. That's used by the Clerk's Office for things that they are doing. I suggest that no one but a court clerk look there! (For what it's worth, every deadline and hearing will still be in that Deadlines/Hearings section of PACER for as long as the case is in PACER. They use either the Terminated or Satisfied date columns to tell themself, the Clerks, that something is completed. I don't understand when they use Terminated versus Satisfied, but that is what they use.)

A small hint for the Pro Se. Whenever you query for your docket, print off a copy and mark the date. Also if you view any document, please download it locally to your computer. You could possibly run up a PACER bill if you keep looking and searching.
      Those columns are blank, too. I am very worried about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekop785 View Post
        Those columns are blank, too. I am very worried about this.
        Do not worry at all about this! That screen is for the Clerk's office. You should only worry about the docket.

I say that with a lot of heart. My Chapter 13 case had a deadline that was still counting. PACER showed that my 341 Meeting was still due and said that over 7,000 days had elapsed. This is why you should ignore that screen as it's not for the debtor. The Clerk's office may even use some other tool to manage their tickle file.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Do not worry at all about this! That screen is for the Clerk's office. You should only worry about the docket.

I say that with a lot of heart. My Chapter 13 case had a deadline that was still counting. PACER showed that my 341 Meeting was still due and said that over 7,000 days had elapsed. This is why you should ignore that screen as it's not for the debtor. The Clerk's office may even use some other tool to manage their tickle file.
          Ok, thank you! I will try to not worry.

Also, I have not yet received a single piece of paper by mail. Do they not mail stuff these days unless it is requested by the debtor? I do like to have mail back-up just to be safe.

Comment

I can't remember, but are you Pro Se? If you are Pro Se, you should get mailings of only things served directly on you. If you are not Pro Se, then all mail goes to the attorney of record (if it is to be served on you). Most attorneys use electronic notification, so it doesn't even go thorough the regular mail.

If you are Pro Se, you could (and should) sign up for electronic notification at the Electronic Bankruptcy Notification Center (BNC). https://bankruptcynotices.uscourts.gov/

Comment

The free law project has created an alerts system for PACER.

You install the chrome/firefox extension. When you go to pacer and view a docket it automagically offers to track this docket for you and send alerts.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nmjnc?hl=en-US

The neat thing is the documents you browse get uploaded and added to the courtlistener RECAP project. This is the way they are getting case pdfs for free. The more you use PACER with the chrome extension the larger the court listener repository grows.

If you dont want it to upload, you can disable it. But why do that? If you are browsing your case, let it upload to RECAP, then use RECAP to re-read your case (and not get mistakenly charged).... also be sure to print/save the documents as justbroke suggested in another thread

Its a great way to give back to the project so we, the people, get FREE access to public domain legal documents.

Comment

In addition, PACER provides RSS feeds. They provide a list of RSS feeds form different court districts. Not everything is available (see this page from court listener for rss availability)

Here is the PACER index of RSS feeds

Comment

Yeah, you lost me, lol! I am pretty low-tech, unfortunately. I can do the most basic stuff (internet search, word processing, spreadsheets), but that is about it. Thank you for the suggestions, though!

Comment

I just wish they would officially notify the debtor when the deficiency has been cured (like they do when one has been initiated). Meanwhile, I will continue to monitor the docket.

Comment

I can't remember, but are you Pro Se? If you are Pro Se, you should get mailings of only things served directly on you. If you are not Pro Se, then all mail goes to the attorney of record (if it is to be served on you). Most attorneys use electronic notification, so it doesn't even go thorough the regular mail.

If you are Pro Se, you could (and should) sign up for electronic notification at the Electronic Bankruptcy Notification Center (BNC). https://bankruptcynotices.uscourts.gov/

Yeah, Pro Se. Shortly after I posted this yesterday, I went to the mail and Lo and Behold was my first piece of BK mail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X