Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days post discharge.

I know this is meant for questions pertaining to before filing and what not, but I don’t really see where else I could post this.

I recieved my ch. 7 discharge (YEAH!!!) about a month ago. The credit union I have my auto loan through never bothered to send a reaffirmation agreement, which is strange because when I filed ch. 7 they locked me out of my account until I told them (verbally) that I’ll be reaffirming the loan. My 341 came and gone, recieved my discharge and still nothing from the CU. I can still log into my online portal and make payments, but, I’m worried that they will repo the car regardless. My attorney is really no help. Last I inquired to him about contacting the CU (way before the 341 meeting) he told me “don’t poke a sleeping bear”. Now that my discharge has come, I keep worrying my car will be repo’d any day. My attorney just says to go get another. Easier said than done however. Right now I’m kinda stuck with it because the payments are pretty affordable and it’s a very reliable car, which is important for my family and my job. However, because im worried about it getting repo’d at any time, I’m considering just contacting the CU to see where they stand. If they will just allow me to continue to pay to retain, then I’ll stop worrying, however, if I do call them, maybe I’ll be poking that sleeping bear and they will in deed want the car back. But either way, I’ll finally know the outcome right? But, part of me just keeps saying “sit tight, wait it out”.

I don't have advice to offer. I tend to be a sleeping bear poker because I have no patience and I have a great need to be in control. But bear poking has occasionally gotten me into trouble and usually ended up being unnecessary anyway. On the other hand, some bears needed poking and it ended up being beneficial.
    Just let us know how it goes if you make a move, and even if you don't. A lot of people, or at least me, have similar questions.

Comment

Originally posted by female56 View Post
      I don't have advice to offer. I tend to be a sleeping bear poker because I have no patience and I have a great need to be in control. But bear poking has occasionally gotten me into trouble and usually ended up being unnecessary anyway. On the other hand, some bears needed poking and it ended up being beneficial.
      Just let us know how it goes if you make a move, and even if you don't. A lot of people, or at least me, have similar questions.
      It’s the unknown that’s killing me at this point. But, if I just leave things alone, I may just continue driving my car indefinitely until, well, until I either pay it off or jump to another car. After all, NONE of my current payments are helping my credit because I technically don’t owe anything for the car. But, I’ll post an update about what I decide on.

Comment

We did not receive one reaffirmation but our attorney said that he cannot make them send you one. He also said they don't want cars back as long as they are being paid. Just keep paying on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgal2018 View Post
          We did not receive one reaffirmation but our attorney said that he cannot make them send you one. He also said they don't want cars back as long as they are being paid. Just keep paying on it.
          Yea, my attorney said just about the same. He said that CU’s aren’t in the business of selling cars, BUT, they do work for their members and will make financial decisions for what’s in their best interests, and will repo a car regardless of how much money is owed on it. However, not all CU’s are like this. I’m pretty sure my CU will just continue to allow me to drive it so long as I keep paying. But, it’s nice having the car still, however, the fear of will it get repo’d or not, and then of course, these car payments aren’t helping my credit one bit.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X