Just going to wait it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just going to wait it out

Well, Sept 2nd came down with covid. No hospital, but left with extreme weakness and some lung damage (like having COPD wasn't enough)

So, after going around the web researching various actions, I'm deciding on doing nothing except sending off the "Drop Dead" letters.

The reason for this is due to the following: in court cases, only 15% of the original creditors sued the debtor.

In debt buyers, it's higher, but only if they know there's something to grab

It's a bit risky, because I have 3 debts, but only one is above $10K. Then $6K and $675 (phone)

I believe that taking the first or second calls will be important as I will impart to them:

1. I'll never work again, due to illness (Retire in June 2022)

2. I have no assets. Paid off van, value $5K. $1K personal stuff.

I do have my 401K cashing out now. But it's $8K and to survive till SS checks start flowing means I'll be spending about $24 a day.

I would file Ch 7 but I feel it's best to have that cash $2,500 for my self preservation and not worry something goes sideways and I don't have spare cash.

Not hiding assets, but being proactive.

I'm not terribly familiar with Chapter 7 bankruptcies, but like you, I've had two go arounds with COVID. Regarding the lung scarring thing, I learned during my first episode last year "COVID likes an inactive body", so I started hiking and WOW, did my lungs hurt, at first. I kept on hiking, and while I had other "long hauler" symptoms, my lungs actually got better. Fast forward to two days after you were diagnosed with your second case of COVID, I was diagnosed with my second case; the doctor confirmed the key to avoid or reverse lung scarring is to exercise and push them to the point of exhaustion; I started running (slow jogging actually) on 05-Sep, the day after being diagnosed, and I've managed to log 171 miles, and my lungs feel great.

Will pushing your lungs past the point of exhaustion work for you? Don't know, but it might help.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Well, as I said having COPD wasn't bad enough. I am planning (when money comes in) to get a walker and start walking around the park.

I'm hoping it helps, but won't know for awhile.

Comment

Ahhh, I missed the context you mentioned the COPD in; somehow my brain read it as you were equating COVID with having COPD, which I completely understand, but actually having both, yikes, not fun.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X