Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Next?

It looks like we won the home battle with the Trustee. My attorney told me Trustee will file a report of "no asset or distribution" which means that he accepts our position and that there are no assets or value for the creditors. My question is what happens now? Do we just wait for the case to close and discharge? How long can that take?

Thanks,
    Rave

Originally posted by raveman007 View Post
    It looks like we won the home battle with the Trustee. My attorney told me Trustee will file a report of "no asset or distribution" which means that he accepts our position and that there are no assets or value for the creditors. My question is what happens now? Do we just wait for the case to close and discharge? How long can that take?

Thanks,
    Rave
    I haven't filed yet, but from what I've read, there's nothing to do now but wait. It usually takes around 60 days after your 341 to get your discharge; this gives your creditors time to object. There's a sticky topic here in the forum about PACER; you might want to check it out if you want to monitor your case.

Comment

PACER? I have never heard of that. How do I get access to it?
      Thanks,
      Rave

Comment

PACER? I have never heard of that. How do I get access to it?
        Thanks,
        Rave
        Read all about it here:
        https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...cer-guide-tips

Comment

M42: You stated that creditors have 60 days to object. What can they object to? Can they build a case to make me pay them in an extenuating circumstance? Just curious as I have never done this before and I don't know how the process works. Thanks

Comment

M42: You stated that creditors have 60 days to object. What can they object to? Can they build a case to make me pay them in an extenuating circumstance? Just curious as I have never done this before and I don't know how the process works. Thanks
            They can object to their specific claim. This almost never happens unless you ran up credit on the eve of filing bankruptcy, or it's a "personal" creditor that is just mad that the debt will be noncollectable. There are no "extenuating" circumstances, and the creditor would have to prove "actual" fraud, or that you tried to delay, hinder, or defraud them in some manner in collecting their debt.

More than 95% of cases end without any issues and even more end without any creditor objections!

This is something in the category of... if a creditor didn't show up at your 341 Meeting, it's very likely that no creditor is going to object to your discharge.

Congratulations, again, on the win regarding the valuation of your home! Now, you're in Club Sixty and just need to count down the days from the 341 Meeting.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Yeah my tentative discharge data is 4/30/19, that would be 60 from 341. Counting the days. It is a real load off not having to carry all that debt. This is the first time I have ever had to do this. I should have done this last year. Losing a job for eight months and a failed business can really put you in a DEEP hole quickly. Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X