Finally!! I filed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!! I filed..

Finally got all the paperwork done and filed pro se. Clerk said it all looked very good and I had everything in order! Phew! Now the wait. Thank everybody here on the boards!!!! Couldn't have done it without all the help and encouragement. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Congrats, Penny!!

Here's hoping all goes well for you.

If you don't have one already, get a PACER acct and you can monitor your case filings electronically.

About a week from now, you should get a letter in the mail telling you when your 341 will be, but you could check sooner on PACER.

After you look over everything at the start, you don't have to check pages and run up more on your bill. If the date of the last filing at the top of the page stays the same, then nothing new has been added. Just check when something new gets posted.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

That's Great!!

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
      Finally got all the paperwork done and filed pro se. Clerk said it all looked very good and I had everything in order! Phew! Now the wait. Thank everybody here on the boards!!!! Couldn't have done it without all the help and encouragement. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.
      Good for you Pennywise,I know how your feeling.I filed Pro-se also and now have only 3 more weeks before my 60 day wait is up.
      SinkingFast is right about getting a Pacer account and keeping tract of what goes on with your petition.Just take it from experience;be careful how many times you go on that site and be careful how many cases you bring up and look at.I did alot of damage in the past two months looking at everyone elses petitions and keeping an eye on my own.It's very easy to accumulate a huge bill.
      Donna
      Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
        So glad your filing went well, PW! Now it's time to settle in and relax until your 341. Enjoy the weightless feeling - you've earned it!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Excellent work! May your case go even better than mine.

Comment

Congrats! Its all so worth it so stick in there! You do deserve to relax a little now.!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Just checked and my 341 is Nov. 30. It will be a long wait..

Comment

it'll be here before you know it Penny~
                good job~ hope all goes well for you!!!!

Comment

Great news PW. Hope all goes smooth through the 341 and soon you will be a member of the 60 day club, lol.
                  Filed: 08/09/06
                  341: 09/18/06
                  Discharged: 11/22/06
                  Closed 11/30/06

Comment

I received a call from an attorney at the US Trustees office today. Said my petition had been flagged. It was because it looked so good!! She said it looked very professional and they just needed to check to see it anyone had helped me fill them out so they could be put on the forms. I said nope, did it all myself and she said "Very nice job". Had me worried there for a minute though when she called!!

Comment

One good thing about having everything during the holidays is fewer working days and less people working ffewer hours for the Credit Card companies!!!!!! Better use of your 60 days!! Think positive! Its looking good!
                      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Hope it all goes well for you!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X