Sales Position Application Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales Position Application Question

I currently work for a very large fortune 100 company in sales, filled out the application as usual (form signed authorizes credit report, background check, etc.) without mentioning my discharged chapter 7 filing to my sales manager or human resources......application did not ask the question either.

I have recently been offered another sales position with twice the salary I;m making now.............offer is not good until I pass a drug test, background check, possible consumer report, etc. Actually the same situation as my previous employer required.

Two words in the consumer report section of the new sales position application states "credit worthiness", mode of living and the normal things that are on the standard form.

I want this position but am unsure if I should advise my potential new sales manager of the situation before the application is processed or wait and see if its not a factor in determining my hiring ? If the question comes up after the fact I can address it of course...............this is a sales position selling bar code equipment and software, nothing financial or with a high security level required.

Curious in other opinions or advice.

I wouldn't mention it. No need to share information with someone who probably won't actually see the report. If these are large companies, its usually only the HR people that ever see the background check and consumer credit report.

Just apply for the job and see what happnes.

Comment

I agree, but be sure that you are accepting the job on a final basis not contingent on the background check.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by possumfat View Post
        this is a sales position selling bar code equipment and software, nothing financial or with a high security level required.
        I'm in sales too and this is not an uncommon question but it has never been an issue for myself or anyone else I've known. If you were in financial services/sales it might be but you've already said that's not the case. If you feel the need to discuss it with anyone, I'd take it up with HR not your potential boss.

Comment

I didn't say anything about my BK since none of the application forms ask the question. I did sign the forms that authorizes them to check everything but from my experience most of the time they dont actually do a credit check, always a background check though.

I'm prepared to address the the situation if presented. The company i work for now is a fortune 50 comapny, the new is a fortune 1000 company....both are sales positions and the larger did not run a credit check.

I recieved the offer verbally from the regional sales manager on wednesday of this week, filled out the the application forms and faxed to HR on thursday afternoon around 2 pm..................heard nothing all day friday except a message from my potential sales manager that he has seen the offer letter but was not sure how or when it will be sent out.

I will not turn in my notice until I know 100% the offer is valid........from talking with HR they don't send the offer letter until everything is done and cleared.

Appreciate everyones advice/input.

Comment

Good luck, possum - hope everything falls into place and the new job is yours!
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Got the job !!!!! Well..................still have submit to a drug test but that will pass with flying colors.

Thanks for the support and advice !!

Comment

Congrats, Possum!!

What a wonderful Christmas present!!
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Congratulations on the job!!!!
                  Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                  TU: 535

Comment

Originally posted by possumfat View Post
                    Got the job !!!!! Well..................still have submit to a drug test but that will pass with flying colors.

Thanks for the support and advice !!
                    Way to go, possum - you must be walking on air right now! Congratulations! Glad everything worked out so well for you!
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X