• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Calling

March 18,2008- Discharged
    Before discharge (Feb 2008)TU: 520; Exp: 504: Equ: 497
    After discharge:March 2009:TU: 630 Exp: 605: Equ: 651

So you filed bankruptcy and didn't tell your own mother that you were going to include her???? If I were your mom, I'd be furious too! However, given the information you've shared so far, it's doubtful she can do anything to stop your bankruptcy.

You only have one mom. If you want a relationship with her in the future and for your someday-children to know their grandma, I'd call her, apologize profusely, and offer to set up a payment plan to pay her back after your bankruptcy is discharged and closed.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Great advice, lrprn, I totally agree.
      Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
      341 Meeting July 19, 2007
      Discharged September 17, 2007
      Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

If your mom is anything like my mom then she deserves it. LOL She cant do anything to stop your bankruptcy. She will be treated like any other creditor. She will eventually get over it just ignore her.
        Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

That would be just like BOA or Chase calling and trying to stop the BK because they didn't like it...lol. She cannot stop anything! All of our situations here are different and I am sure you had very good reason's for not telling her. Like it or not she is a creditor. We all have different circumstances. I included my mother on my BK also, but she knew it ahead of time and was in agreement. It was a large sum of money and wanted to be able to show it as a loss on her financial records properly so my BK was a way to properly document that loss for her.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X