• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A corrupt BK lawyer...?

"It wasn't until I lost all hope, that I began to feel better"

I would REPORT THAT immediately!!
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

well I was on a lawyer search just like you are here in VA. well I meet this lawyer right? and he does knownt that I know anything about bk well I play dumb and he is trying his hardest to push me into a chp13 I mean I have no house and all dischargable debt plus the kicker the median is 75000 and we make 40000. needless to say I rannnnnnnnn from his office and talked to a lawyer friend of mines she said in a chapter 13 the lawyers get paid alot more than chp7 ,the fees go into you chp 13 payments for the next five or 7 years or whatever. this lawyer wouldnt even tell me how much the chp 13 cost he said all you paid is filing fees now. I would aviod him
      *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
      *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
      *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
      TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

Yes, they usually charge more for a chapter 13 as it is a bit more involved than a straight ch 7 filing. The trustee gets paid more for a 13 too.

But filing a 13 should be the last resort, when a 7 is not allowed by the bk trustee. The only exception would be if you have certain valuable assets that you cannot exempt and do not want to give up (i.e. a boat, large stock portfolio, expensive art or paintings, etc.). Usually the regular stuff (home, cars, furniture, clothing, most jewelry, retirement accts, ins policies) can all be exempted and kept.

If your hobby extends to going after attorneys who, at best, have questionable ethics, go for it. You won't get any complaints from this forum! But stay away from such lawyers!!
        Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
        341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
        US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
        Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

Old news, no surprise!,, For many centuries past, lawyers' profession = $$ suckers...

Comment

Originally posted by aachudneymiles View Post
            well I was on a lawyer search just like you are here in VA. well I meet this lawyer right? and he does knownt that I know anything about bk well I play dumb and he is trying his hardest to push me into a chp13 I mean I have no house and all dischargable debt plus the kicker the median is 75000 and we make 40000. needless to say I rannnnnnnnn from his office and talked to a lawyer friend of mines she said in a chapter 13 the lawyers get paid alot more than chp7 ,the fees go into you chp 13 payments for the next five or 7 years or whatever. this lawyer wouldnt even tell me how much the chp 13 cost he said all you paid is filing fees now. I would aviod him
            That's very interesting to know. So aparently this goes on all over the place. I feel really bad for the clients that this guy suckered because they probably could have gotten a 7, but ended up with a 13. I guess the lesson here is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!
            "It wasn't until I lost all hope, that I began to feel better"

Comment

Originally posted by evilbunnyrabbit View Post
              I guess the lesson here is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!
              You are so right, EBR!

NO ONE should ever blindly trust ANY professional - that includes lawyers and also doctors who have been known to recommend unnecessary treatments or surgeries in order to get paid more.

There are always bad apples in every barrel. You have to get knowledgeable enough to protect yourself. I'm so glad you did!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by evilbunnyrabbit View Post
                That's very interesting to know. So aparently this goes on all over the place. I feel really bad for the clients that this guy suckered because they probably could have gotten a 7, but ended up with a 13. I guess the lesson here is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!
                yep if I didnt do my home work lets just say for a lack of better words i would be screwed. he was one of thoses lawyers promoting his self everywhere. I mean he told me he would not give me a reaffirmation period.. he didnt even know the facts,, well I feel very sad for everyone who gos to him or any lawyer like him.. he had this game, this mouth piece- if I was someone else- I could see him talking me into a chp13. anyway good luck to all, I am doing my chp 7 by myself about 90% done..
                *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
                *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
                *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
                TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X