Confused by this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused by this

My husband is shown as my creditor on Pacer. I am filing alone, and the house and car loan is in HIS name only. Today my husband received a letter from the bankruptcy court with my 341 meeting info and I have not even received my letter about the metting yet, I just saw when it was scheduled on pacer. Is this normal? Is her really a creditor or mine? I am not sure what to make of this.
    Filed chapter 7 on 9-21-07 :yahoo:
    meeting of creditors 10-24-07 :unsure:
    Discharged on Dec. 28 :yahoo::clapping::D:yes2:

If you have any joint accounts yes he will be listed that way because once you are discharged the accounts you are joint on will be his responsiability not yours.
    Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

The only joint bills that we have are the utilities which we are not delinquent on, and then we had the joint checking that I thought I was off of, and found out the day of filing that we were still joint. The only thing I can think of other than that are the medical bills which total $300 but the attorney was not sure if it was medical we are assuming it was by my credit report, but he said we are disputing the debt since we are unsure.

Great. Now I sopose they will send on to all my creditors, even those that I am current on. Thats all I need. Ugggh! How embarrasing ;)
      Filed chapter 7 on 9-21-07 :yahoo:
      meeting of creditors 10-24-07 :unsure:
      Discharged on Dec. 28 :yahoo::clapping::D:yes2:

Comment

Our daughter was living with us when we filed, and our son was listed as the co-signer on one of our cars that was included in our Ch 13. Both received notices of our bankruptcy including the info about our 341 meeting in the mail - it was the same letter that went to each of our creditors. I'm guessing that even though you filed Ch 7, your husband has been included on your creditors list for similar reasons. He's an "interested party" to your bankruptcy.

Originally posted by thewife View Post
        Great. Now I sopose they will send on to all my creditors, even those that I am current on. Thats all I need. Ugggh! How embarrasing ;)
        Each of your creditors will receive the same letter your husband did. They don't get a list of all the other creditors.

Every time you think you are going to die of embarrassment during this bk journey, just keep thinking about how much debt is going to disappear forever in about 90-120 days. You'll perk right up!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

remember that question that asks for current or past spouse that you have resided with in the past 7 years?? THAT is where they get that info. They are require to notify the current or past spouse you have resided with in the past 7 years.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yeah, they notified my husband even though we don't live together, and I left him because he was abusive. I hadn't told him where I lived, and didn't plan on it, but the bankruptcy court was "nice" enough to send him the letter that told him exactly where I live. I had to tell him that if he came to my home, I'd call the police. Uggh.

Fortunately, he got evicted from his apartment, and had to move back home to mommy, WAAAAYYY out of state. In fact, he's half the continent away, and I couldn't be happier.

I understand why they had to, though, we were joint on a vehicle that he had with him, and I filed BK on. I wrote a letter telling the lender where they could find it, since he wasn't paying on it, and they repossessed it. I just wish he didn't know where I live.
            Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
            341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
            Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
            Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              remember that question that asks for current or past spouse that you have resided with in the past 7 years?? THAT is where they get that info. They are require to notify the current or past spouse you have resided with in the past 7 years.
              Is this only if they resided with you in a community property state? Why would a former spouse need to be notified of anything if I never lived with her in the state I'm filing in? The last thing I want is my ex knowing where I am....lol. Can someone expand on this notification of ex wife deal?

Comment

This is all states I think. Look at the question on the schedule and see how its worded. I don't remember if it has the word community in it. Its whatever ANSWER get put down to the question that gets notified. If you put down 2 different people they get notified. If you put down 0 people then no one gets notified. I was right on the boderline of 7 years.....by like 2 weeks, so I didn't put my exhusband at all. Thank God!!!! It had been 7 years and 2 weeks since we had lived together. So even though we DID have some joint accounts he DID NOT get notified. He was NOT listed there and did not get notified. It is whateve you put in this blank that gets notified.

Comment

Originally posted by Misha707 View Post
                  Yeah, they notified my husband even though we don't live together, and I left him because he was abusive. I hadn't told him where I lived, and didn't plan on it, but the bankruptcy court was "nice" enough to send him the letter that told him exactly where I live. I had to tell him that if he came to my home, I'd call the police. Uggh.

Fortunately, he got evicted from his apartment, and had to move back home to mommy, WAAAAYYY out of state. In fact, he's half the continent away, and I couldn't be happier.

I understand why they had to, though, we were joint on a vehicle that he had with him, and I filed BK on. I wrote a letter telling the lender where they could find it, since he wasn't paying on it, and they repossessed it. I just wish he didn't know where I live.
                  If he knows where you live and considering the situation I'd probably seek a court restraining order that keeps him from coming near you just as a precaution.

As for the OP and yourself this is normal for them to notify your spouse or past spouse.
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thanks, JRScott, I'm ok for now, since he's so far away, living with mommy, has no car (thanks to me ), and has been out of work for a year and a half. The only way he'd get the money to come bother me would be to ask his family, and they all know the situation, and would never give it to him. Besides the fact that if they did give him money, he'd just buy booze with it.

Even if he was stupid enough to steal one of their cars or just hitchhike here, if he disappeared for that long (at least 18 hours drive), they'd let me know something was up.

If he ever gets a job/vehicle, though, I'll be making a trip to the local courthouse quickly!

Comment

I would think that if you had a safety reason for not putting that person down or already had a restraining order then you could get permission from the trustree to leave that person off the BK completely somehow.....there's gotta be a way to do this or otherwise use a P.O. Box or the Attorney's address as your home address so that the ex-spouse doesn't have access to where you live. I would think if anyone out there is a victim of domestic abuse, please speak out and tell your attorney so that precautions can be taken and you can be protected!!!

Comment

It's too late for me, now, to get that horse back in the barn. I knew that he'd receive notice of my bankruptcy, and really didn't care if he knew about it, or not. What I didn't know until it was too late, was that my address would be on the notice. I'm sure there would have been something they could have done if I'd known in advance to let them know the situation.

My lawyer knew that I didn't speak to my husband, but I never disclosed that it had been an abusive relationship since it didn't have anything to do with the bankruptcy (other than being part of the cause). I had already moved out several months before my first meeting with my lawyer, and my husband had already moved away from the area. So it didn't occur to me that it would be something to bring up with the court.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X