now is the time too file.....i think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now is the time too file.....i think?

alright i have been postponing to file for bk for a few months well it all went down in aug 2007...so it was too long ago.i just wanted to research a little. the only thing is that i feel i will probably get screwd...

im 20 yrs old. i get pain 8.50/hr i want to file for chapter 7
    and hope i get it...do i pass the means test to quailfy for 7?

i have a 37,000 car loan + maybe 20-25k in cc debt/late fees + 900 in medical bills...so...here's the problem 2 credit cards are business cards...I DONT HAVE A BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO SCREWED!!!!!! this is why i havent filed yet ...im afraid that it wont pass...can put the bus.cc in when i file bk? im so nervous..banks call me everyday..on my cell. now the call the house..wtf how did they get my house # i moved!!!!

but seriously i need so help and input...im young,stupid and need a fresh start what should i do?

thank you all

I'm a little confused by your post - you might need to meet with 3 or 4 BK attornies to get opinions.

Did you lie on the CC applications to get the business CC's?

Comment

Originally posted by kiddles View Post
      I'm a little confused by your post - you might need to meet with 3 or 4 BK attornies to get opinions.

Did you lie on the CC applications to get the business CC's?
      well actually it was one of those random junk mail that chase keeps sending me so i was like damn!!! so i filled out the basic info name/ ssn/ and then 1 week later it came in the mail 5,000
      then i filled out the 2nd one again another one came in the mail

maybe i should try to do debt consoildation i have like 6-8 cc

Comment

Originally posted by help me 07 View Post
        maybe i should try to do debt consoildation i have like 6-8 cc
        Frankly very few people are actually helped by debt consolidation or debt negotiation when they are already so far in the hole financially. Don't waste your time.

Stop allowing your fear to control you and go get sound legal advice. Make appointments for free or low cost initial consultations with 3-4 experienced bankruptcy lawyers in your area. Tell them everything, including about the cards you are worried about.

Make important decisions about your life with accurate information, not guesses. That includes whether bankruptcy is going to be the right answer in your situation or not.

Let us know what you find out....we're all hoping you find the answers you need....good luck!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

It doesn't matter whether it says business card or not. Its all the same in the end. It's personal credit tied to your social security number and based on your credit report and your income. This will not matter when you file. AND if it did the worse that could happen is the creditor would have to file an objection, and PROVE youi committed fraud and win.

An attorney can give you more info, but honestly, anyone can get a "business" card by just filling out a business app and putting a business name.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X