My 341 meeting is tomorrow morning at 9:00am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 meeting is tomorrow morning at 9:00am

Wish me luck guys! I'm so nervous, and sick. I haven't been able to sleep all weekend! I'm so scared that I'm gonna go in there and he's gonna eat me alive. I just hope he doesn't make me cry! I'm such a sensitive person! I just hope that tomorrow I will be a member of the 60 day club! Please pray for me. I haven't honestly learned my lesson about finances and how to properly handle money. I was young and dumb! Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it turns out. I hope I make it through o.k, because my son's first birthday is Tuesday, and I'd love to have a great week, instead of STILL worrying about bills that I can't pay
    Filed 01/31/08
    341 03/10/08:
    Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
    DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

I was where you are this past Friday. Take a deep breath LOL I was in and out of there in 10 minutes, only 5 of those actually with the trustee. He asked me a total of three questions (did I have over $2,000 in my bank account at the time of filing? Do I have a winning lottery ticket? And will someone die soon and leave me an inheritance?) It was probably the easiest thing I've been through in the past couple of years. I felt like a huge weight lifted off me and things will soon be back on track. You will have a great week, especially the lack of worry about bills.

Don't worry - you're going to be fine! Let us know how it goes.
    Filed: January 26th
    341: March 7th
    Last date for objections: May 5th
    Discharged: May 13, 2008

Comment

Remember that 99% of 341 meetings last less than 10 minutes. Most trustees have a standard list of questions they ask, then if they have any specific questions after looking over your forms they ask a question or two about that. That's it - you're in and out.

If you filed on your own, remember to answer just what you are asked and don't volunteer any extra information. If you filed with a lawyer, then he/she will help prep you.

And if you cry, you sure won't be the first - don't worry about it. There's usually a kleenex box right there on the table - use it if you need to - then take a deep breath and keep on answering. It will be over before you know it!

Please come back and let us know how it goes ok? We'll all be sending positive thoughts your way tomorrow morning - hang in there!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You'll be fine, don't worry!
        Chapter 7: filed 1/30/08
        341 Meeting: 3/05/08 Uneventful!!
        Last Day for Objections: 5/05/08
        DISCHARGED!!!: 5/07/08

Comment

lrprn is correct - in fact I have yet see a 341 last more than 10min. You will most likely answer Yes-No on about 99.9% of the questions. As my attny told me, just answer them Yes-No and short. Don't sit there and try to give explanations - make it quick.
          I had a rental property involved in my 341 so my 341 meeting lasted about 10min (if that).

I had my 341 on 2/29/08 so you can look a few questions I presented to the forum: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=22002

Good luck and get sleep! You will walk out saying "Was that all" "Geeeeez"
          Remember - these trustee's want to get out of there as quick as you do. They don't get paid much sitting there asking questions so you better believe they want it over quick.
          Filed: 01/23/08
          341 Meeting: 02/29/08
          Discharged: 04/30/08
          Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

gophermn, you are looking at the exception. We had an 11:00 341 meeting to which we arrived a half hour early. We sat there while the trustee called everyone else until the room was empty except for the trustee, my wife and myself. Since I was on the edge of my chair for the last half-hour, when the last person left, I jumped up and headed up to the trustee's table. You know what happened next? She says, "would you mind if I took about a 10 minute break, I haven't had a break since 9:00?" WHATTTTTT??????? Well after her break, we sat there and talked about our case for almost 25 minutes. Mind you, she had her copy of the 4 pounds and 13 ounces of paper (our records) that was requested by the DOJ.

Comment

Good point, I assume going through a 341 in a rural neighborhood vs LA is night-n-day difference.
              Finding a good attny and trustee is like getting married, "For better or for worse"
              Nonetheless, again, GOOD LUCK!
              Filed: 01/23/08
              341 Meeting: 02/29/08
              Discharged: 04/30/08
              Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

yeah I live in Luray, VA but my meeting is in Harrisonburg VA So we'll see what I'm dealt with. I looked on Pacer, and there are 3 other people meeting at the same time as me. So I'm hoping that maybe he'll pick me last, and I'll be rushed through! LOL But thank you all so much for your kind words and awesome information! I will let you all know how it turns out!
                Filed 01/31/08
                341 03/10/08:
                Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
                DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

Comment

Mine last max of 3 minutes!!! There were 80 people on the list for 341's on our day for the same trustee!! I was in downtown Los Angeles....crazy, huh?

you'll be fine.....answer only what is asked of you...be friendly, but no extra small talk. Yes or no answers without explanations are best. They will ask if they want details. Dress neat, but no flashy jewelry or purses. Don't forget to turn off your cell phone.

Let us know how it goes!
                  Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Nothing to worry about, the Trustee just wants to get all of you in and out of there as quick as possible. It'll be over very quickly and likely there will be nothing to cry about.
                    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X