This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tallberry View Post
    Mike, I think it is the backhanded comments at the end of each statement of "what was good for you"...i.e. above..."If you can lie with yourself, thats on you". If that last statement (and ones like this) would have been left out, I think it would be taken less offensively. JMHO!
    I agree whole heartedly. I am offended by the fact that you, Mike, keep saying things like I couldn't live with not paying my creditors back...that means that I am a horrible person because I don't make enough money and I qualify for a ch 7. I wish you'd get off that high horse long enough to see how the rest of the people live.
    Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
    Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Originally posted by vleisme View Post
      We live in America because we have freedom of choice. I do not totally agree with the above post the creditors do not twist our arms and make us spend beyond our means.I did not have to accept the higher limits or open the the new card offers that come in the mail by the thousands. I take the blame totally. I have no medical or divorce issues, I just screwed up and now I will pay, nobody to blame but myself.

First off all, I take full responsibility for our debt. It is our fault. However, let me tell you something, we paid our debts on time every month for years and years. We never had one single late payment, other then by 2 days, in a 7 year period. Now you tell me something, Why in the hell is it legal for a cc company to up our rate from 14% to 31.24% for that? And when we called and begged, and I do mean begged, they refused to lower that rate. We begged, pleaded, told them we can't afford to make this payment if you don't lower the rate, they basically said TOUGH! make it and maybe on our next review we can lower it, that would have been a payment we could NOT afford for 6 months. In 6 months we would have lost our home, basically everything we own and never have been able to even buy groceries and we have kids without using cc to live on.

Now by your your post, I can only assume you think we are not taking any responsibility for this mess we are in, WRONG! I blame us for the fact we were stupid, we thought cc companies were human beings, who actually cared about their customers, THEY DON'T! they don't care if you pay on time for years, they are looking for a way to up rates and make a killing on people. They trap people who are trusting like we were. We felt special because we had such high credit limits and decent rates. So we used our cards. Now you should understand when we made this decision we still had probably $50K-$60K left in unused credit. We could have lived off cards alot longer, but being moral, and not wanting to do that we are filing BK to keep from running up any more debt. We know we made a mistake, but we are moral people who also know, we have to save ourselves from the direction America is heading, get our financial life on track, that's why we are here.

We are not deadbeats, we are good hard working people who trusted cc to treat us fairly and the didn't. We paid our bills on time every month. We tried to do the right thing. WE NEVER ASKED FOR ONE SINGLE LIMIT INCREASE, NOT ONCE, THEY WERE NOT OFFERED AND THEN WE ACCEPTED, THEY WERE JUST THERE, ALSO WE NEVER TOOK A CC OFFER THAT WAS MAILED TO US, WE JUST GOT CARDS FOR HAVING OUTSTANDING CREDIT.

Please do not assume to understand our situation, we are like most people here, we fell into the CREDIT CARD TRAP! Who do you think is responsible for the Bk reform in '05? CC companies are snakes in the grass, praying on people just like us! and that's why we personally are done with cc debt for live. They got us once, they will never get us again!
      Last edited by justplaintired; 04-24-2008, 05:33 AM.
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
        I didnt screw Amex, I am paying them back.
        And as I recall, it was just about half of what you charged up at the last minute.

The difference between paying 12% of your unsecured debt versus zero percent in a Ch 7 amounts to morally splitting hairs. While you feel you are to be applauded for your conscience in that regard, you persist in taking backhanded swipes at those less fortunate with respect to their ability to pay. That is truly offensive.

Comment

Credit Card Industry

Here is something I came across when we were considering BK, very interesting.

I do apologize to anyone who has already seen this or perhaps it was posted at another time.

nightline, vicki mabrey, James Scurlock, maxed out, debt, credit card, interest, fee, Article, 2951203
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Well, this thread is not really going anywhere any more.

Comment

Well, this thread has sure degenerated into a finger-pointing, mud-slinging mess!

Time out, everyone. Let's all agree to disagree, return to neutral corners, and get back to the real business here - helping each other during our tough times and celebrating the good times together.

This thread is now closed to further posting.
              Last edited by lrprn; 04-24-2008, 01:49 PM.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This thread is now officially closed. You may go about your other forum business....move along....move along
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget