• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wenesday the Day!

what is the 11k non dischargeable
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Student loan of about $10K and federal taxes $1K.

Comment

Hi. Is your pet expense just a guess? The reason I ask is that in the past 12 months we've averaged $69 a month for 2 dogs. That only includes their preventative meds and a couple of vet visits. It does not include dog food, treats, toys, shampoo, etc that I don't have a way to track because we get all that stuff at walmart along with our groceries and other household items. Not to mention the dog doors we put in when we moved into our place last year, nor the new fence around our yard, nor the new replacement dog clippers, nor the ... well you get the idea, pets are not cheap. If you've got any wiggle room, I'd suggest upping that some.
        04/04/08- Notice of deficiency balance due from a repo. 04/18/08- Fico scores w/repo listed: EXP 624, TRAN 610, EQU 610. 04/19/08- Found this forum. 04/24/08- Retained attorney for a chapter 7, filing singly. 5/5/08- Turned in bk paperwork to atty. 5/27/08- Date set for reviewing paperwork.

Comment

Food seems low. Pet expense seems low for 4 dogs.

Comment

Speaking of food... I found something from the USDA that says a low-cost food plan for an individual male is $45.70-48.90 (depending on your age) per week. There are 4 plan levels: thrifty, low-cost, moderate-cost, and liberal. According to the info that goes with the chart: "Bankruptcy courts often use the value of the low-cost food plan to determine the portion of a bankrupt person's income to allocate to necessary food expense." So, taking an average those two amounts, your food expense would be approx $204 a month.
            Last edited by TX Bluebonnet; 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: math plms
            04/04/08- Notice of deficiency balance due from a repo. 04/18/08- Fico scores w/repo listed: EXP 624, TRAN 610, EQU 610. 04/19/08- Found this forum. 04/24/08- Retained attorney for a chapter 7, filing singly. 5/5/08- Turned in bk paperwork to atty. 5/27/08- Date set for reviewing paperwork.

Comment

I guessed at the pet expense. Now that I'm adding it up on paper shot should be about $100 per dog per year or $33 per month with 4 dogs, food is about $30 a month, and I should agerage one dental cleaning a year around $200 or $16 per month. My total should really be around $80, not counting the lizard's $1 a day cricket habit. On Tuesday if I need to up my figures in get below $100 DI, I will point it out to my attorney that my pet figure maybe low.

Comment

Regarding what I said about the food expense, I don't think I was very clear. I'm not saying you should change your food to the lower amount according to the chart I found. I just thought it was interesting what the chart said. My attorney told me to list what I spend on average, regardless of what I think it should be. Sorry about not being clearer. I'm tired. Time for bed!

Comment

Originally posted by TX Bluebonnet View Post
                  Speaking of food... I found something from the USDA that says a low-cost food plan for an individual male is $45.70-48.90 (depending on your age) per week. There are 4 plan levels: thrifty, low-cost, moderate-cost, and liberal. According to the info that goes with the chart: "Bankruptcy courts often use the value of the low-cost food plan to determine the portion of a bankrupt person's income to allocate to necessary food expense." So, taking an average those two amounts, your food expense would be approx $204 a month.
                  I have never heard of the BK court using those tables. The BK courts use Census data and IRS data as a the base for costs and then use the reasonable cost in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                    I have never heard of the BK court using those tables. The BK courts use Census data and IRS data as a the base for costs and then use the reasonable cost in the area.
                    Well, I didn't know one way or the other what numbers they use so I'd done some internet research before I found this forum about food costs.

Here's where I got that information from:

http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publication...dminReport.pdf (on page 5 of 80)

The most recent (march 2008) 4 food plans chart is here:

I'm just reporting what I found. Hope that's not a problem.

Comment

So we are allowed to use pet expenses in the schedules? I honestly didn't think we could.....
                      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                      341 July 1, 2008
                      Discharged September 4, 2008
                      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

They used our pet expenses on our schedules too. It wasn't much but it's still an expense.

Comment

We are a family of four, and our food is about 700$ per month. Our attorney said that the amount on the US Trustee website was 752$ so we were good.

We don't have pets, so not sure how you would get the amount for that.

Comment

Whether pet expenses can be openly included in your expenses depends on the customs in your local bankruptcy court. Some trustees allow it, some don't.

When you aren't allowed to list pet expenses openly, you can shift those expenses into your food and miscellaneous expenses to include them.
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I have not heard of trustees not allowing pet expenses, but you really need to be accurate with teh amount.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X