341 Monday, gonna stay up tonight and build a battle pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Monday, gonna stay up tonight and build a battle pack

SO, as much as I told myself I should just show up to my 341 with some lint and a button, and nap until they call my name...

I decided im gonna get the good old folder ready tonight (Ill tell the reason im gonna be up late below). Here is the list that im gonna get together, I was hoping someone might think of something I have forgotten.

1) 3 years tax returns (05, 06, 07)
    2) 12 months bank statements for all bank accounts, including partial statements up until today.
    3) Expense Bills- car insurance, rent, car payment, utilities (gas, electric, water, sewage, garbage), auto repair, ??
    4) Auto registration and title (if applicable) for all cars.
    5) Print out for KBB or NADA in regards to auto value.
    6) Medical insurance/medical bills.
    7) 12 months worth of paystubs
    8) DL and SS cards, possibly citien docs for the wife?
    9) ??

Crazy stuff that I was considering,
    1) Annotated bank statements explaining every transaction of more than $100
    2) Pictures of all my stuff at home (clothing, etc.)
    3) Video tape of me singing "purple rain" by prince, maybe no on this.

I know this topic has been done before, but you never know what someone has experienced since the last time. Has anyone ever been asked for anything at thier 341? anything that is not on the (first) list.

Oh, im up late tonight because I quit smoking a few days ago, been hard to sleep. Its funny but I am so happy about quitting that I can barely verbalize it, I dont care how bad the withdrawls are right now, its the best feeling ever! I have "quit" before, but this is so different, im done, I can feel it.
    Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Wow, that is a lot of stuff. My prediction, you will use the DL and the SS card, everything else is kindling. I do some work for a trustee, has it crossed your mind that the trustee may not wanted to see all of that, but since you brought it, the trustee will look at it after all. I think people forget that the trustee is looking for assets not how you paid for dinner 3 months ago. The more access you give them, the better chance they have of finding some. The rule of thumb should be less is more.

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

You can take the stuff , but do not reference it unless needed . Nor volunteer it unless asked
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

My 341 is also on Monday and I got a letter today from my attorney telling us to bring our drivers license, social security card and proof of insurance for the cars that we are financing. That's it and that's all I'm bringing except for a copy of our marriage certificate since I haven't bothered changing my name yet with Social Security.

Good luck Monday!

TS
        Last edited by ThreadsSnapping; 07-31-2008, 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

excellent advice guys! I will remember that at my 341....
          341 meeting 08/18/08 :aggress:
          I'm a 60day'er!!!!:clapping::yahoo:
          last day of objections 10/17/08 :D
          discharged 11/04/08 !!!!!:yahoo:

Comment

KISS-Keep it Simple Stupid. There are too many conspiracy theorists on what a Trustee does or doesn't do. My office is right next door to one of the BK Trustee's and I work on his files twice a week. I have never nor do I want to ever see any of that crap you brought....except for the tax returns and that is if only you got something worth looking at.

Good Luck
            Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

priceless, you cracked me up!!! the prince thing, oh man. also, here's my take - DO ALL THAT STUFF YOU LISTED - because it will make your case more clear to you. even if the trustee never sees it or asks for it, it will give you the confidence of knowing your own finances more clearly than you ever have in your life. and that clarity, that calm sense of knowing exactly what you have, had, and did to get by -- that will speak volumes to the trustee.

for the record, i've done it all but the purple rain routine - because i'm that wigged out by how bad i let my financial life get. it makes me feel some sort of in control i guess...to see that it can be done - that i can sort out the mess and trace back through the last couple of years and validate the experience. i dunno...anyway. g'night!
              Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
              (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I agree with the less is more theory but I also want to be ready to pull out whatever they ask for at a moments notice as well.

It's just me. Like Priceless, I want to go with everything and if they ask, great, if not great but I will have peace of mind.
                Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

The trustee typically does not have time to look at anything at the 341 meeting (they see 55 to 60 cases that day) if they want something they want it sent to their office.

My suggestions is to make random throw up sounds, I bet that will speed up your 341 in a hurry!

Good Luck

Comment

man, i'm too embarrassed to leave what i originally wrote up here. hah
                    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

My suggestions is to make random throw up sounds, I bet that will speed up your 341 in a hurry!

Man, I am soooooooooo gonna use that! POM!

ep
                      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Okay maybe well go for the best of both worlds, bring everything but leave it in the car. That way he/she wont be inclined to ask for anything extra, and if the trustee does want something I can just run down to the car and get it!
                        Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

I will make this bet with you. If the trustee asks to see any of your stuff, and I mean anything. I will draft your next BK for free!!

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
                            I will make this bet with you. If the trustee asks to see any of your stuff, and I mean anything. I will draft your next BK for free!!
                            Ooh Ooh ... I'm bringing all of that stuff too!
                            haha.

Comment

Do you guys think the same applies for an above-median debtor, who may or may not have a UST present at their 341 as well? I was also in the middle of building a "battle pack" to bring with us, but now I am beginning to wonder if it is necessary (or a good idea)?

Thanks!
                              Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                              341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                              DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                              CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X