No announcement yet.

341 Monday, gonna stay up tonight and build a battle pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 341 is Monday. My attorney has told us to only bring our DLs and SS cards. He specifically told us NOT to bring our battle pack. We showed up to his office for the first meeting with a large binder with folders for almost everything we needed. There were a few items we had to get back to him. But he was appreciative that we didn't show up with a shoe box full of receipts. Of course we had several weeks of reading and preparation from finding this forum and were fairly educated with the process, apparently unlike most other people who show up at his office. I just checked pacer and there is nothing on there showing any kind of requests for additional info. So we will only have our id with us. If the trustee asks if we have some specific info with us, I don't want to have it. If we have to continue, so be it. If we don't have the info, but can explain reasonably well, maybe we won't have to supply it.....

Good luck..
    DadTL

Comment

Our 341 is on Wednesday, and our attorney said the same thing. He doesn't want the trustee to see any documents that he hasn't had a chance to look at first.
      ichb
      Filed Chapter 7 June 20th
      341 scheduled for August 6th
      Discharged August 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless ProSe View Post
        SO, as much as I told myself I should just show up to my 341 with some lint and a button, and nap until they call my name...

I decided im gonna get the good old folder ready tonight (Ill tell the reason im gonna be up late below). Here is the list that im gonna get together, I was hoping someone might think of something I have forgotten.

1) 3 years tax returns (05, 06, 07)
        2) 12 months bank statements for all bank accounts, including partial statements up until today.
        3) Expense Bills- car insurance, rent, car payment, utilities (gas, electric, water, sewage, garbage), auto repair, ??
        4) Auto registration and title (if applicable) for all cars.
        5) Print out for KBB or NADA in regards to auto value.
        6) Medical insurance/medical bills.
        7) 12 months worth of paystubs
        8) DL and SS cards, possibly citien docs for the wife?
        9) ??

Crazy stuff that I was considering,
        1) Annotated bank statements explaining every transaction of more than $100
        2) Pictures of all my stuff at home (clothing, etc.)
        3) Video tape of me singing "purple rain" by prince, maybe no on this.

I know this topic has been done before, but you never know what someone has experienced since the last time. Has anyone ever been asked for anything at thier 341? anything that is not on the (first) list.

Oh, im up late tonight because I quit smoking a few days ago, been hard to sleep. Its funny but I am so happy about quitting that I can barely verbalize it, I dont care how bad the withdrawls are right now, its the best feeling ever! I have "quit" before, but this is so different, im done, I can feel it.
        I would have all of the stuff available, never hurts to be prepared. But I would only bring in whatever my lawyer told me to bring. If the trustee happens to ask for it, you can ask for a recess while you retrieve the info.

And I would definitely consider bringing the purple rain video, would probably help with the wife's case when she decides down the road to have you committed.
        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
        Plan approved- 7/11/05
        Date discharged--10-12-2007
        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Thank you all for the help. I think that the majority opinion is have these things ready in case I ever need them, but dont give the trustee a reason to ask for more stuff (by holding it when I speak to him/her). I will let all of you know how it goes at the 341.
          Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

BK, again you have made me laugh out loud reading your post. I want to see someone do that in a 341 meeting.

My lawyer said the same thing. Don't bring any additional paperwork, just the DL and SS card.
            Filed: 7/17/08
            341 Meeting: 8/25/08
            Last Day of Objections: 10/24/08
            Discharged: 11/08

Comment

"Be Prepared" is the Boy Scout Motto.

I would prepare the items you list, however I would not bring them to the meeting. Make sure to bring to the meeting your DL, your SSN card, and any other documents that the Trustee has requested.

If he requires additional documentation he will let you know, but having it already prepared will make the burden easier on your mind. Just make copies and then get them to him if he requests additional documentation (generally he'll send a letter asking for it after the 341 or ask in the 341 itself....so it is helpful to take a pad and pen in case you need to take notes since you are Pro Se and have no lawyer who would otherwise take the notes).

There are folks who have had to provide enormous amounts of documentation, usually such documentation is not needed unless the UST becomes involved. Still having done all the research you'll feel better, and if it is needed you'll have it. Good Luck
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
                I will make this bet with you. If the trustee asks to see any of your stuff, and I mean anything. I will draft your next BK for free!!
                Hehe...if I win I will count down the days until my next BK!, that would be a good slogan for a attorney that handles death row cases as well, "If get the chair your next case is free!". Im gonna trademark that one.
                Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Whoa, I don't think going to a 341 needs a "battle pack".

When we went, I brought my purse, my husband brought his wallet. All we needed was our DL and SS cards. That's it.

I figured that if our trustee wanted something, she would contact us prior to our 341 to request the needed info.

Almost everything that you listed, WE had given to our lawyer ahead of time....I'm pretty sure the trustee gets copies of everything you give to your lawyer.

I don't know...seems like a lot of extra work when you probably won't even need it.

Good luck anyways!
                    Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                    341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                    Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                    Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless ProSe View Post

Oh, im up late tonight because I quit smoking a few days ago, been hard to sleep. Its funny but I am so happy about quitting that I can barely verbalize it, I dont care how bad the withdrawls are right now, its the best feeling ever! I have "quit" before, but this is so different, im done, I can feel it.
                      BTW, Congratulations on quitting smoking. Nasty, expensive habit, takes years off your life and makes you look prematurely old. Your lungs are already starting to repair the damage in the first day you went without.

Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever done. I could start back tomorrow, but I wont because I don't want my girls to grow up with someone else raising them, like my boys had to. Their mom died of lung cancer at the age of 36, when they were 4yrs and 13 months. I am sure I have been a good substitute, but it still isn't the same raising they would have had, and I am sure they wonder sometimes.
                      Plan approved- 7/11/05

Comment

Originally posted by Stilltheone View Post
                        Whoa, I don't think going to a 341 needs a "battle pack".

When we went, I brought my purse, my husband brought his wallet. All we needed was our DL and SS cards. That's it.

I figured that if our trustee wanted something, she would contact us prior to our 341 to request the needed info.

Almost everything that you listed, WE had given to our lawyer ahead of time....I'm pretty sure the trustee gets copies of everything you give to your lawyer.

I don't know...seems like a lot of extra work when you probably won't even need it.

Good luck anyways!
                        I didn't even take my purse because of the tightened security in the courthouse. I was paranoid that I might have something accidentally in it to get detained and miss my meeting.
                        I did that once at an airport. Had a disposable scalpel from work in my purse.(self defence weapon, good for skinning deer, cutting boxes, shelf paper, etc) Realized it after we walked in, so threw it in the trash real quick just in case.
                        Plan approved- 7/11/05

Comment

I have my 341 on August 29th. I am only taking my DL and SS card and anything that the trustee asks for. If they want to see specific documents, they will ask for it before hand.

Like someone said on another thread, they are looking for assets, not spending habits. And assets usually have a paper trail.

Comment

I am well above the means test but my attorney is having me fill out another schedule including business expenses since I am 1099'd.

I may have to wait until December 08 to file since it will be over one year of 1099 by then.

I don't know it it matters but over or under median I feel better having everything at my fingertips just in case.
                            Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
                              I didn't even take my purse because of the tightened security in the courthouse. I was paranoid that I might have something accidentally in it to get detained and miss my meeting.
                              I did that once at an airport. Had a disposable scalpel from work in my purse.(self defence weapon, good for skinning deer, cutting boxes, shelf paper, etc) Realized it after we walked in, so threw it in the trash real quick just in case.
                              We didn't even go through security to get to our 341 meeting. We just walked through the door of the courthouse and went to find our room.
                              Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                              341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                              Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                              Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
                                I am well above the means test but my attorney is having me fill out another schedule including business expenses since I am 1099'd.

I may have to wait until December 08 to file since it will be over one year of 1099 by then.

I don't know it it matters but over or under median I feel better having everything at my fingertips just in case.
                                Does anyone know exactly what link under pacer to check once im in my file to see if they are requesting any documents? When I look on the "Filing" section no one has filed anything but me. I guess what I am asking, would the trustee have to file some sort of request for the documents witht he court? or is there just some kind of link on pacer where he/she communicates his/her wants and needs?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X