341 Monday, gonna stay up tonight and build a battle pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
    BTW, Congratulations on quitting smoking. Nasty, expensive habit, takes years off your life and makes you look prematurely old. Your lungs are already starting to repair the damage in the first day you went without.

Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I have ever done. I could start back tomorrow, but I wont because I don't want my girls to grow up with someone else raising them, like my boys had to. Their mom died of lung cancer at the age of 36, when they were 4yrs and 13 months. I am sure I have been a good substitute, but it still isn't the same raising they would have had, and I am sure they wonder sometimes.
    Thank you, and sorry about you and your boys loss. I had a small slip up yesterday, in the form of a cigg, but I am back on track right away and very confident.
    Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

Priceless, any doc requests the trustee makes of you, he will make directly, and most likely in writing. It will not be filed with the court, so it will never show up in PACER.

Because I was pro se, I did prepare an expanding file with everything you mentioned, plus a copy of my filing (in case he wanted to ask me why I answered something a particular way) as well as all the prints from Ebay where I obtained an average value for my stuff. I tabbed every item so I could reach in and grab something at a glance, and then put it in my canvas tote, which I kept at my side during the 341.

Now, for all the trustee knew, that was my lunch in there: it was just a canvas tote to him. In the end, I never did need it, but it was so comforting to have it at my fingertips just in case.

You know, a few pro se filers on this board HAVE been asked questions at their 341 that their backup docs enabled them to answer easily and thoroughly. Southernbelle's being able to slap a pile of receipts on the table, when the trustee asked where her tax return went, comes readily to mind. So I don't think it's a bad idea at all. As others have pointed out, don't offer, don't volunteer, don't clutch your little pile of papers like a teddy bear... but if it makes you feel better, take whatever you like.

Good luck!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X