OMG I am freaking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I am freaking out

I just signed up for Pacer and looked at my BK status. It says Awaiting Discharge and Awaiting Trustee's Reprot. Then it says: DebtED, MEANSNO, Repeat, PRVDISCH. I found the meanings for 2 of them and both repeat and PRVDISCH both say DO NOT DISCHARGE. Does this mean I will not get a discharge??? If so, shouldn't my lawyer have known this and told me not to bother trying to file?? I'm so upset right now. I feel like I wasted my time and money and got my hopes up for nothing. Has anyone had the same thing happen??? Please help, I'm about to cry.
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/13/08
    341 Meeting: 9/15/08
    Last Day To File Objections: 11/14/08
    Discharged & Closed: 11/18/08

OMG I'm freaking out

I just signed up for Pacer and looked at my BK status. It says Awaiting Discharge and Awaiting Trustee's Reprot. Then it says: DebtED, MEANSNO, Repeat, PRVDISCH. I found the meanings for 2 of them and both repeat and PRVDISCH both say DO NOT DISCHARGE. Does this mean I will not get a discharge??? If so, shouldn't my lawyer have known this and told me not to bother trying to file?? I'm so upset right now. I feel like I wasted my time and money and got my hopes up for nothing. Has anyone had the same thing happen??? Please help, I'm about to cry.

Comment

I dont ever go to pacer for anything because I don't like pins & needles.

How long ago was the 341?

Comment

When I looked up PRVDISCH all I found was previous discharge. Are you sure it said "do not discharge?"
        FILED!: August 11, 2008 * Pre-Filing Fico Score - 643 * 341: October 8, 2008 * Last Day for Objections: December 7, 2008
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

Hi Confused - I replied on the other post in the CH 7 Forum.

When I looked up PRVDISCH, all I found was previous discharge as the meaning. Are you SURE that it said DO NOT DISCHARGE?
          FILED!: August 11, 2008 * Pre-Filing Fico Score - 643 * 341: October 8, 2008 * Last Day for Objections: December 7, 2008
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

It means 'Previous Discharge'. Have you or your spouse filed before? Here is the link:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm a wreck right now. I just looked up my old BK (ex-husband maxed my credit cards) from 2000 and it was not discharged til 8/16, which I never knew. I never received anything that said the discharge was effective 8/16/00. I thought it was May 2000. My 341 meeting was in May 2000. So now my attorney filed on the 13th which is 3 days before I could file again. If I'd have known I wouldn't have filed so soon. What do I do now????

Comment

Ms Confused14, right now you need to calm down and don't worry. You can do nothing tonight, but first thing in the morning get in touch with the attorney and ask what, if anything you can do or if anything needs to be done.

Love to you~~~~

Comment

Hi Confused14, I answered on your other post. Please try to get some sleep, then tackle the problem in the morning by contacting the attorney. The three days probably will not matter.

Love~~~~ and *HUGGS*

Comment

My heart goes out to you sweetie.

I'm a compulsive worry-wart, and I know this is easier said than done, but...

TAKE A DEEP BREATH, try to relax, and get some rest. Like Mrs. Cat said, worrying tonight will do you no good. Call the lawyer first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. I wish I would've found this site sooner. You guys are all so wonderful and informative. I just did a search on it and found this quote from a book called "How to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy", it was authored by 3 attorneys. So maybe I'm ok. I filed 5/4/00.

The eight- and six-year periods run from the date you filed for the earlier bankruptcy, not the date you received your discharge.

Example: Brenda files a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case on January 31, 2007. She receives a discharge on April 20, 2007. Brenda files another Chapter 7 bankruptcy on February 1, 2015. The second bankruptcy is allowed because eight years have passed since the date the earlier bankruptcy was filed (even though fewer than eight years have passed since Brenda received a discharge in the earlier case).

Comment

Call the attorney in the morning, maybe they can amend the date.

Comment

this thread will be great for others to read; so glad you are here to share!! please update us here (this thread) with future developments; i for one would like to know what has to happen for the court to clear those flags in pacer.

good digging online and in that book!!
                          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Confused, I just merged your two threads in different forum areas that asked the same question together.

It's always better to post your question once in one forum area to avoid what's been happening here - responses that have to refer to the other thread or the same answers posted twice. This is why it's a forum rule to post a question once in one place only - something to keep in mind for the future. Thanks!
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

this will keep it from discharging DebtED
                              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                              341 09/17/2008
                              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget