top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It would be nice to see your personal list of creditors and amounts for everyone

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    Lately we've been using using our BP/Amoco card to buy food because all of the other cards are full. Do you know how bad it is to have to eat gas station food?!?! It's all crap!!!

I wish this thing could be done and over and then I want to be forbidden from ever getting credit again. Can't a judge order that I never get credit again and put that on my record so credit card companies will stop giving me the offers? My wife was worried about getting credit after the bankruptcy. I told her, "That's what got us into all of this trouble in the first place!"

We need to start living within our means from this point forward.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Nope. I owe about that much on a single car that I plan on turning in.

I have a bunch of old debt that is past the statute of limitations. It will take me a while to research it all. Some banks have bought out other banks. I had a car repo'd in 1994 and a few months ago some collection agency called about it. They were representing another bank that I have never done business with. I told them they had the wrong person. They told me the new bank. I called the bank and the bank told me they bought out some other company and then the debts were transferred. I had close to $100k alone in old debts that are 4 to 15 years old. I don't want them coming back. Since I am the one who started this thread, I want to get a good size list to post on here to compare the way other people were nice enough to post their list.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Estimated
        Chase $300.00
        Shell $400.00
        Best Buy $1,500.00
        BP card $300.00
        Sears $500
        Target $2,000
        Walmart $1,100.00
        Lowes $1,600.00
        GM Card $750.00
        Citi Card $3,500.00
        Home Depot $2,500.00
        Direct Merchants $2,500.00
        JC Penny $1,700.00
        Bank of America $4,000.00
        Furniture $3,000.00
        2 Autos $7,0000.00
        Hospital $8,000.00
        Student loan $35K
        House loan $67K

Hmm.. just a copy and past when I did an analysis and put it in a pie chart for my wife..

Of course, I get to keep my house, cars and student loans--none of which I am upside down.

Of course, this may not seem like much.. However, when making 40K+ a year it's too much debt

Comment

I'm naming them all because I don't want them ever coming back to haunt me.

A friend of mine had a nice SUV paid off. A creditor came back from the dead and put a lien on it and repo'd it. I don't want that happening to me years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
            BOA 6500
            CHASE 18000
            CITIBANK 5300
            DISCOVER 5900
            GE BANK 5500
            JCP 7000
            SEARS 8500

TOTAL 57K

Still the one, man you're right, it does feel good knowing thats in the past.

I will NEVER let that happen again

You know what else is a really good feeling? Even if I max out every "new" card that I have, I will only be $2K in debt (which will take about 2 months to pay off) It's an even greater feeling knowing that, even if I TRIED, I could NEVER be in debt like that again anytime soon.
            Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
            341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
            Last day for objections: 7-14-08
            Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by Stilltheone View Post

You know what else is a really good feeling? Even if I max out every "new" card that I have, I will only be $2K in debt (which will take about 2 months to pay off) It's an even greater feeling knowing that, even if I TRIED, I could NEVER be in debt like that again anytime soon.
              The system should be changed so we're not allowed to get deep into debt. instead of making a bankruptcy reform law, they should have reformed the banks giving out credit.

If they would change the law and make credit cards stay on my credit report forever instead of falling off in 7 years, I would not be able to get into it as deep as I did.

Why do they always help the rich and punish the poor? They bail out multi-million dollar CEO's but make all kinds of laws to bring the small guy down.

They need to make it illegal for employers to lay people off. Forget this "right to work" state crap. Look at people working for the government. They can get drunk, do drugs and what do they do? They send them to rehab. They don't fire them and ruin their financial lives. All businesses should be like this. In order to lay somebody off, the businesses should have to get permission by the government. People have a right to earn a living and keep that money coming in just as long as a CEO does.

Comment

debt

Amex - $150,000
                Capital One - $6,200
                Chase - $13,000
                Citi - $14,000
                Discover - $30,000
                Wells Fargo - $75,000
                Wamu - $15,000

First $550,000
                Second $150,000

$1,003,200 ............DOH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
                  Amex - $150,000
                  Capital One - $6,200
                  Chase - $13,000
                  Citi - $14,000
                  Discover - $30,000
                  Wells Fargo - $75,000
                  Wamu - $15,000

First $550,000
                  Second $150,000

$1,003,200 ............DOH!!!!
                  WHOA NELLIE!

One thing I should have also asked at the very beginning of this is:

1. How much money was the average household income per year at the time you incurred the debt.

2. How much was the household income at the time of discharge.

3. What state you live in.

This would be handy for lurkers considering bankruptcy.

At my peak, we made almost $100k household for 2007.

Comment

Well, you asked about HH income - I was making over $300k annually at the time the debt was incurred. Now my income is a very small fraction, less than $60k YTD (this just happened over the past 8 months - although the reduction started last year). The BK 7 filing was just over $1M on 9/30 per my previous post.

Talk about an adjustment!!!
                    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                      Well, you asked about HH income - I was making over $300k annually at the time the debt was incurred. Now my income is a very small fraction, less than $60k YTD (this just happened over the past 8 months - although the reduction started last year). The BK 7 filing was just over $1M on 9/30 per my previous post.

Talk about an adjustment!!!
                      Man, you're not kidding. How on earth could you make $300k in a year? I am obviously in the wrong business. That's over 5 to 8 years of income for me since maybe 2000.

Comment

I was making about 240k a year untill we lost some big contracts, now I'm not sure what my bottom line is yet my accountant is working on it now. And I haven't filed yet.
                        "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
                        Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
                        341 Hearing March 4th 2010
                        Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

We had an income of around $60K...then commissions got cut and it went down to $35K. Regardless, someone making $60K should not have that equal amount in CC debt like we did.
                          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

I almost forgot I am in California. Also keep in mind it sounds like a lot of $$ but it fluctuates also being self employed, it's not like collecting a steady paycheck every two weeks...
                            Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Man, you're not kidding. How on earth could you make $300k in a year? I am obviously in the wrong business. That's over 5 to 8 years of income for me since maybe 2000.

I know people who are in my line of work who make 300k per month....no joke thats after all expenses...and no we aren't in the Narcotics biz..lol
                              Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

I am self-employed and I barely make $3-5k gross. After taxes and business expenses, I don't net enough to live on. How do you do a Ch. 7 with those high incomes?

The median in my state is about $51k. When we file, we may be a few thousand over that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X