top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It would be nice to see your personal list of creditors and amounts for everyone

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Lawyer told me I couldn't file because I made too much and I couldn't do chp 13 since I had too much debt. But after looking at all my recent losses in business I think I will be close to the median. They told me they would work it out so we'll see. The thing is when the $ started to flow we started to grow and so did the expenses. More and more expenses and not anticipating loss of income we just kept growing. I am talking about business expenses and growth.. I kept trying to make my company bigger and it was too fast to sustain, so downward I spiral........it will come back it always does but the bill collectors won't accept "hey come back for your $$ next year and we will have more then" so I am being forced into bk
    "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
    Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
    341 Hearing March 4th 2010
    Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

All the folks that have AX debt..These fu---kers are calling me every hour on the hour...How are you?
      To top it off I owe them a total of 800.00

Comment

READY - Send them a cease and desist letter. They stopped calling me about 1 week after i sent it out. Send it out certified mail return receipt. It defiantely worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
          All the folks that have AX debt..These fu---kers are calling me every hour on the hour...How are you?
          I owe amex close to $200k, I spoke with my Relationship Manager and informed then that we were going to file since our business has failed with the economic conditions. All they asked was I call them back when we do file and they have not called since.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
            With those hassles, now I can see why you chose the username that you did. That username is very appropriate for the situation at hand!

Comment

Amex Gold: $7,000
              Amex Platinum: $27,000
              Etrade Bank: $16,500
              Citibank: $23,000
              Discover: $15,000

*sigh*

Comment

How are all of you able to get such high credit lines?! All of my credit card limits have always been $600 to $2000.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                  I think it would be nice if everyone would post a listing of all of the creditors and how much they included in the BK that was discharged so other people could see real-life BK's that were discharged.

Something like this as an example, with rounded figures. Don't need the exact amounts.

i.e.:

Discover $1200
                  AMEX $4700
                  Wachovia $18300
                  Hospital Bill from XYZ Hospital $46500
                  WaMu $3800
                  Ford Motor Credit $7900
                  GMAC $16000
                  Capital One $4800
                  Grand Total: $103,200...
                  Hmmm -- guess I don't see the vicarious thrill in viewing folks' failure -- and that's what bankruptcy is, whether it be ambition failure, professional failure, or a failure of financial acumen -- but I seem to be a piker compared to some of these figures, which may explain why my Chapter 13 creditors (sorry -- that's all I could qualify for!) will receive almost 80% of their claims.
                  In any case, I'm 6-10 weeks away from my final payment, and the trustee estimates a 4-6-week period to discharge. I'm told my chances of getting approved then for an FHA mortgage in time to take advantage of the federal $7,500 tax credit on a first home by July 1 is 50-50 or better, even today. So, I'm happy enough.

Comment

sears mastercard: 2,700
                    Amex: 5,400
                    discover: 9,800
                    bank of america: 2,700
                    Providan: 10,200
                    citiloan: 5,500
                    paypal: 190
                    Ge line of credit: 17,900
                    Discover rewards: 5,300
                    brylane: 36
                    Hsbc: 9,900
                    Chase:4,700

This is when they were current. Now these balances are outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhack View Post
                      Hmmm -- guess I don't see the vicarious thrill in viewing folks' failure .
                      Nobody said it was a thrill. It's just to give the viewers an idea of real scenario's of people considering bankruptcy who have not done it.

So far I have not seen any real-life scenarios until this post. Now there's a lot here and it's growing daily. We should almost have a nice database to put together. If we could get like 1,000 people to fill it out, then we could possibly get good averages, income levels, states and all sorts of interesting information that the public has never seen before.

Comment

I agree. Nobody said it was a "thrill", but it's nice to see that other people are in the same boat as you. It's nice to feel as if you're not alone.

I don't see bankruptcy as a failure...a mistake? Yes, but not a failure.
                        Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                        341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                        Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                        Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by oldhack View Post
                          Hmmm -- guess I don't see the vicarious thrill in viewing folks' failure -- and that's what bankruptcy is, whether it be ambition failure, professional failure, or a failure of financial acumen -- but I seem to be a piker compared to some of these figures, which may explain why my Chapter 13 creditors (sorry -- that's all I could qualify for!) will receive almost 80% of their claims.
                          In any case, I'm 6-10 weeks away from my final payment, and the trustee estimates a 4-6-week period to discharge. I'm told my chances of getting approved then for an FHA mortgage in time to take advantage of the federal $7,500 tax credit on a first home by July 1 is 50-50 or better, even today. So, I'm happy enough.
                          I have read two posts from OLD hack.. They both seem to be negative.

People here are trying to either find help or decide if they should file. Seeing real life examples help provide a comparative view of where people are\were when filing. Someone may be on the edge of filing and come across this post help them make the final decision on whether they should or should not file. In addition, the person may identify with one particular post\poster and may want to read all the individuals prior post(s) to see what challenges they faced and what questions they have asked. Further more, these posts listing debts will make it real for the person that may still be in the denial stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                            I have read two posts from OLD hack.. They both seem to be negative.

People here are trying to either find help or decide if they should file. Seeing real life examples help provide a comparative view of where people are\were when filing. Someone may be on the edge of filing and come across this post help them make the final decision on whether they should or should not file. In addition, the person may identify with one particular post\poster and may want to read all the individuals prior post(s) to see what challenges they faced and what questions they have asked. Further more, these posts listing debts will make it real for the person that may still be in the denial stage.
                            I concur with the above. That's why I wanted people to post their real debts.

I just added some more to my list. So far I'm up to $224,000 and counting. I have a long ways to go!! I have a ton more creditors to add to the list yet.

Comment

Chase - 20k
                              Citi - 2k
                              BoA - 500.00
                              Bank card - 6,500
                              Various store cards - 2k

Total came out to around 30k

We also have 30k in student loans, which of course aren't dischargable. However, with the 30k in CC debt, were unmangable.

Our bills SKYROCKETED over 6 months due to medical. Put all of our bills on CC. So we have no "medical debt" because it's all CC debt.
                              Last edited by biggomez777; 10-15-2008, 03:38 PM. Reason: damned IE w/no spellcheck. Firefox FTW!
                              Pre-Filing Credit Scores:
                              Mine - 705 DW - 715
                              Filed 08/09/2008
                              341 09/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by biggomez777 View Post
                                Chase - 20k
                                Citi - 2k
                                BoA - 500.00
                                Bank card - 6,500
                                Various store cards - 2k

Total came out to around 30k

We also have 30k in student loans, which of course aren't dischargable. However, with the 30k in CC debt, were unmangable.

Our bills SKYROCKETED over 6 months due to medical. Put all of our bills on CC. So we have no "medical debt" because it's all CC debt.
                                Keep us posted of your outcome. A friend of mine has almost $30k in old debts and he's been talking to me daily about whether to file Ch. 7 or not... or make a deal with the CC companies and pay 1/2.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X