My 341 is next week, I am nervous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopingforsanity View Post
    Meeting of credits 3 days from now. I am literally driving myself crazy with worry, regret, and fear.

I drove to work this morning for 8am, drove, got out of car, walked inside, punched, started working. 9:30am a friend punches in, I see her and wave, she walks up to me and says to me: "You left your car running out in the parking lot." I'm like "no, I didn't." She replies, "Unless the car started on it's own, it's still running." I went outside and OMG I never turned it off when I got to work. Yeah, just a little stressed...
    What do you think will happen at the meeting?
    whats the best thing that can happen
    and whats the worst?
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

If I am asked a question like 'what brings you here today', I do not know how to answer that. How do I answer that? I am bankrupt that is what brings me here, I can't pay my debt load, I wish I could, I thought I could, but I can't. What if my car breaks down and I can't get to the meeting? Do I call the trustee 'sir'? Best or worst--I have no idea at this point in time. I guess no objections would be the best thing, the worst is the 2nd car worth only $800. Everybody tells me not to stress,it'll be over before you know it. You'll get a fresh start, but what if it doesn't happen that way. I crave a fresh start.

Comment

You bring yours Drivers license and SS card. Unless you attorney tells you to bring something else you don’t need to bring anything else. I didn’t call my trustee anything. But he/she is a lawyer I guess you can call the trustee sir if you want to.
        My wife was a nervous wreck so we went early and sat and listened she said after about 3 of them is that it? I said yup then we went and had coffee.
        Make sure you have your lawyer’s phone number with you. If your car breaks down call him go early!!! Do you have none dischargeable debt? Student loans, taxes I think DUI fines? What would they object to?
        Just make sure you come back and tell us how you made out.
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

You really need to relax and take it easy...it really isn't that bad, and if you're not careful, you might lose your car (and it has nothing to do with BK!)

Most everyone here has had an uneventful experience at their 341, and there is absolutely no reason why you would not have one, too.

So breath...and don't forget to take the key out of the ignition!

Comment

Originally posted by BK2008 View Post
            You really need to relax and take it easy...it really isn't that bad, and if you're not careful, you might lose your car (and it has nothing to do with BK!)

Most everyone here has had an uneventful experience at their 341, and there is absolutely no reason why you would not have one, too.

So breath...and don't forget to take the key out of the ignition!
            --I still can't believe I did that. My mind is sooo scattered.

I have only dischargeable debts--cc's, personal line of credits, I am co borrower for a mortgage in 2003 but I don't own any property. I was co owner of that house, but I signed it to my b/f in 2000 when we were breaking up, we broke up for about a month then realized that we both couldn't live without each other and got back together. We had to refinance b/c the fma loan we had made us. At that time, I had much better credit than my b/f and co signed on a house that I didn't own. I don't know if that makes my case more confusing. I pay half of the mortgage b/c I am co signer. I am not on my b/f's banking or anything like that. Questions about that worry me. I have nothing to hide though, I have disclosed everything that I have and what I have is not much. What I owe is quite a lot!

I have the tuesday and wednesday off and I think on tuesday I am just gonna spend the day relaxing and try to get my wits back.

I think monday I will still be reading this website, but tuesday--I will take a break from it(if I can), and post wednesday how it all went. I am soo glad that I found this site, and just want to say a big thank you to everyone!

Comment

the worst that can happen is they can deney the charge and you can either agree to pay for it or fight it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mmenz22779 View Post
                the worst that can happen is they can deney the charge and you can either agree to pay for it or fight it out.
                I don't think she has any non disdhargeable debt so there will not be a problem.
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I have my meeting tomorrow morning. I am not too nervous. 1-10, 10 being extremely nervous I am like a 2. I don't like the idea of a bunch of people sitting in there listening/watching me. I am really antisocial. As far as the bankruptcy part goes I am not worried. Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by mdbrill View Post
                    I have my meeting tomorrow morning. I am not too nervous. 1-10, 10 being extremely nervous I am like a 2. I don't like the idea of a bunch of people sitting in there listening/watching me. I am really antisocial. As far as the bankruptcy part goes I am not worried. Good luck to you!
                    well at ours we had our backs to the rest of the room. he asked the same questions of everyone. same answers. Nothing very personal was asked. IS this your tax return. did you sign this. Are you keeping your house or car.
                    are you making the payments on the house and the car.
                    That was it. 7 min start to finish.
                    he was just clicking away at his PC then said ok you are done.
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by hopingforsanity View Post
                      Meeting of credits 3 days from now. I am literally driving myself crazy with worry, regret, and fear.
                      I drove to work this morning for 8am, drove, got out of car, walked inside, punched, started working. 9:30am a friend punches in, I see her and wave, she walks up to me and says to me: "You left your car running out in the parking lot." I'm like "no, I didn't." She replies, "Unless the car started on it's own, it's still running." I went outside and OMG I never turned it off when I got to work. Yeah, just a little stressed...
                      LOL!!! Oh my gosh, you really need to relax. We've all been there and done that (well, maybe not leaving the car running ), but when we first came here, we were all nervous wrecks, just read, read, read, you'll realize that your 341 is not that big of a deal. Hang in there and Good luck!
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Comment

2002 rule means they want to be notified of any change in your case. i have the same thing from the same scum bags.
                          tell your lawyer they are bugging you so he can make some money from them.
                          that will not stop your case from discharge. quite worrying
                          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                          341 09/17/2008
                          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

You really need to calm down or you won't make your 341 because you will be in the hospital.

Comment

I had my 341 today. It was nothing. Literally it was over in 2 minutes. Everyone else was about 5-8 minutes. Mine was straightforward and quick. I was the fastest one. No objections, no detailed questioning, just a few yes or no questions and it was game over. It was so simple and quick it was amazing. She didn't challenge anything or ask anything which I even had to spend more than 1 second thinking of the answer. The most words I had to say to her was when listing my address and name. Other than that it was all yes or no. I am antisocial though and didn't like the idea of a bunch of people watching me. There were people all around the table in chairs to the sides. A lot of them didn't seem to even be looking at me though. They were busy probably wondering what they are going to say.

Comment

mdbrill glad you had a good 341. cross your fingers for me.

Cali, I know--I had a terrible panic attack late morning--couldn't take a deep breath, stomach ached, head spun, yeah, found myself head down in the toilet...

Tonight, I am taking a deep breathe...it is what it is. Their is no reason for me to be put through the meat grinder. I am a no asset case, I have been totally honest about everything. Thge worry is that I am just not good under these sort of public circumstances, maybe I will pretend the trustee is naked to take the edge off....IDK.

TEW--I faxed the letters(3 of them) to my lawyers office from that creditor still harrassing me, they said they'll take care of it. I wonder if my lawyer can make a motion to stop Recovery Management Systems Corporation to not be copied any of my info b/c of that creditor not abiding by my bk filing?? I do still have this worry that that one particular creditor is going to be the one to object to everything every step of the way. I do not know of the legalities of it, so IDK if that can or can't be done.

I need to be strong. I am trying.

Everyone please wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X