No announcement yet.

My 341 is next week, I am nervous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited for over 2 hours, the trustee was sooo far behind. I got there at 11 and didn't have my turn til after 1!! So I watched, listened, learned...It got to the point where 2 trustees where working side by side taking different cases, and that was really confusing b/c I still didn't know which one was mine! The trustee had some interesting cases, I must say, and he really "casted" out ppl that where not telling all the truth, concealing stuff, or gambling the night before they signed their petition. He asked me basic Q's. do I own property, did I transfer any within 6 years, is this my signature, did I read everything, did I list all debts, assets, etc. Did not ask me about my vehicles, if they're insured, etc. I'm not sure what that means--he asked almost everyone about their vehicles, 4 wheelers, atv, snowmobiles, boats, etc...Maybe it means he's not interested in them b/c the values are so low. IDK. Within maybe 3 minutes, it was done, he said, "I have no more Q's", then he handed me back copies of my federal income tax returns, I was like "I keep these?" "yep." Do trustee always hand back tax returns? What does that mean?

No lions came No creditors came for anyone at all!

--My trustee happened to look like the banker from the game Monopoly!!
    Last edited by hopingforsanity; 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

see i some how knew that. Yes the trustee gave me my tax return back it was do small i could not see it with out my glasses but he gave it to me.
      If your being honest you have nothing to worry about
      WELCOME TO THE 60 DAY CLUB
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Congratulations. We were both a day apart. Now it's time to wait and get this behind us for good! Wow, I bet you had a great feeling as you left the room and walked outside. Nothing like getting things like that behind you. My lawyer basically is making the easiest $1300 off me he ever has made. That much just to file my damn paperwork, lol.

Comment

I was relieved, but I am still wondering if the trustee will come after my $800 non exempt auto. He didn't mention it at all. So now I am wondering, as I wait. Would he had mentioned it, if he was gonna take possession of it?

60 club.

Comment

I'm sure he would have mentioned it. That was probably it for you. Time to sit back and just let time go by and get closer to discharge. I am excited to get to the point where I can being rebuilding and strengtheing my credit again. I never thought I would get out of the hole I dug, but I can see the light...almost.

Comment

Hope: Don't overthink this.

They aren't interested in your $800 car.

If it was a $100K Masarati, they'd be interested.

Relax, it's done, they will not come back with any more questions.
              Did the trustee tell you you were a no asset case??

It should show up in PACER in a few days.

Congratulations...and relax.

Comment

The trustee did not tell me I was a no asset case. I did pull my credit report and it had on it assets: $0. So that must mean no assets.

Thank you and thanks to everyone and also this great website--I am so glad I found it!!

Comment

Oh, one more very important thing that my lawyer told me today at the 341 meeting:: when I file my 2008 income tax, it goes to the bk court to be determined if they want to keep a part of it, or decide to abandon it and let me have all of the $300 bucks I'll get back. My lawyer said this was new. And that I need to file as soon as possible. Anyone else heard of this?

Comment

Originally posted by hopingforsanity View Post
                    The trustee did not tell me I was a no asset case. I did pull my credit report and it had on it assets: $0. So that must mean no assets.

Thank you and thanks to everyone and also this great website--I am so glad I found it!!
                    Hope $800 buck isn't worth the paper work to take it from you.
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Oh, one more very important thing that my lawyer told me today at the 341 meeting:: when I file my 2008 income tax, it goes to the bk court to be determined if they want to keep a part of it, or decide to abandon it and let me have all of the $300 bucks I'll get back. My lawyer said this was new. And that I need to file as soon as possible. Anyone else heard of this?
                      No, not a word was spoken to me about future refunds.

Then again, I make sure I NEVER get tax refunds. I'd rather owe them a little.

This was a CH7, right??

Comment

I always try to owe 500 to 1000 to my friends at the IRS no refunds here
                        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                        341 09/17/2008
                        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

yes, chapter 7. I am thinking of changing my deductions so I bring home more for the rest of this year and would get less as a refund. Unfortunately, I can't do this b/c in my head I feel it's not morally right to do now.

My lawyer told me, but in some cases the trustee told about it. My lawyer explained that "let's say you get an income tax refund of $350. The trustee will take a percentage of it, maybe $200, then sending the $150 to you, if that would be your refund, or he may also choose to abandon it, it's up to him." And that this is new this year.

Comment

yes, chapter 7. I am thinking of changing my deductions so I bring home more for the rest of this year and would get less as a refund. Unfortunately, I can't do this b/c in my head I feel it's not morally right to do now.

My lawyer told me, but in some cases the trustee told about it. My lawyer explained that "let's say you get an income tax refund of $350. The trustee will take a percentage of it, maybe $200, then sending the $150 to you, if that would be your refund, or he may also choose to abandon it, it's up to him." And that this is new this year.
                            Hope there is nothing wrong with owing the IRS some money at the end of the year or in April. if you get a $300 refund that means you paid $25 a month about then you had to. what could you do with $25 a month? right now half a tank of gas?
                            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                            341 09/17/2008
                            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

future tax refund

My attorney had me estimate the amount of my refund for next year and we included it in the petition. There was somewhere for it on there, about future something or other. I had plenty of room left on my exemptions to exempt my future return. I consulted my petition and we filed it on Schedule B line 21"Other contingent and unliquidated
                              claims of every nature, including
                              tax refunds, counterclaims of the
                              debtor, and rights to setoff claims.
                              Give estimated value of each."
                              Last edited by MNBK7guy; 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM.
                              9/5/2008 Chapter 7 Filed
                              10/14/2008 341 Hearing held
                              12/16/2008 Discharge granted!
                              12/29/08 Case Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by MNBK7guy View Post
                                My attorney had me estimate the amount of my refund for next year and we included it in the petition. There was somewhere for it on there, about future something or other. I had plenty of room left on my exemptions to exempt my future return.
                                Maybe that's why they didn't question me...I owe not only for income taxes, but for SE taxes too. So they weren't counting on any iRS windfall for me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X