Is an asset sale considered income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is an asset sale considered income?

I sold an asset for over appraised value last month so I could make rent (I am on unemployment, so we are at deficit every month) It's a bank transfer so I know I have to disclose it, but is an asset sale considered income or just an asset sale like a garage sale? (sold for $1500, appraised for $1300). I have no problem showing the trustee where the money went, I just don't want to be dismissed because something was not right.
    11/4/2008 Filed Pro Se Chapter 7
    12/8/2008 341 Meeting done!!!
    Waiting on discharge

I too would be interested in knowing. I'm selling the car I'm making payments on right now and it has about $1500 equity. I am going to use that money to buy a cheap car to actually OWN.

Comment

Originally posted by ourf8 View Post
      I sold an asset for over appraised value last month so I could make rent (I am on unemployment, so we are at deficit every month) It's a bank transfer so I know I have to disclose it, but is an asset sale considered income or just an asset sale like a garage sale? (sold for $1500, appraised for $1300). I have no problem showing the trustee where the money went, I just don't want to be dismissed because something was not right.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Was that assett that you sold on your assetts listing when you filed? Did you sell that assett between the time of filing and your 341 hearing?

Comment

NO, I just filed yesterday and the sale took place a little over a month ago. I don't have a 341 scheduled yet.
          11/4/2008 Filed Pro Se Chapter 7
          12/8/2008 341 Meeting done!!!
          Waiting on discharge

Comment

Lawyer said it is not a problem before filing. Just keep a paper trail of the sale and receipts on how you spent it, hopefully necessities.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X