top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CitiMortgage Does Not reinstate online access unless....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CitiMortgage Does Not reinstate online access unless....

I have been reading through quite a few posts where people were wondering when they would be allowed to get back online with CitiMortgage to make their monthly payments. I figured I would just start a thread to give all of those wondering a little heads up on the latest with Citi.

They will NOT reinstate online access unless you Reaffirm! This is new information as we were told in July that we could reactivate our online functions as soon as we were discharged. This was directly through the BK Department.

You would think they would make it easier for those post discharge to pay the mortgage they legally could give up at any time. Just doesnt make much sense. They can keep their online stuff as they are not doing us any favors by reaffirming!
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Here is my question. Our first is through citi, and I pay my payments online through my bank. Will that not fly after we file? Am I *gasp* going to have to write a real live check?

ETA: We aren't late, nor will we ever be on a mortgage payment, does this make a difference?

Comment

It may be a technicality. They can't legally attempt to collect a debt which has been discharged (as that would be a Violation of the Discharge Order).

Hence, they only have two things to do.... Motion to Terminate Stay (but that's nonsense post-discharge), or a Reaffirmation of the debt.

Sounds like a "technically" reasonable explanation.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have Citimortgage for our first and did not reaffirm. We are making our payments via online bill pay through our bank with no problems.
        Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
        341 Meeting - 08/13/08
        DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
        CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

You should set it up via bill pay of your bank or if your bank doesn't offer it there are a few places that do it.

Comment

I also have citimortgage and noticed my online access has been provoked. I was never even told was reaffirming meant or what to do about anything! Now I am behind, and my court date is coming up...
            Filed 10/20/08
            Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

CitiMortgage has my first and also my HELOC. What happens if I reaffirm my first but not the HELOC and just pay the HELOC as usual?
              Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
              341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
              Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
                CitiMortgage has my first and also my HELOC. What happens if I reaffirm my first but not the HELOC and just pay the HELOC as usual?
                Probably nothing. They will continue to accept payments and it's business as usual. They will probably reinstate online access to your first but not the HELOC, although I am not 100% sure
                Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
                341 Meeting - 08/13/08
                DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
                CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X