Being sued by Citi Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeb View Post
    A house should cost what someone is willing to pay for it.
    But some people are just DUMB and can't help it. So all of those people made the rest of us suffer by driving up the prices of homes to the point where nobody can afford them.

They should have limits. I don't agree with the house should sell for what people are willing to pay. That causes INFLATION and I cannot stand inflation.

Houses should not be able to go up more than 5 to 10%. What's happening is that people are being penalized for the time they are being born. People born now are not able to afford the same opportunities that their parents and grandparents had. Why should somebody suffer just because of the time they were born? They had no control over that. Why should they pay the consequences of having to buy the same house for $300k that was $20k 20-30 years ago? That isn't right.

I believe in FAIRNESS TO ALL. I'd be one hell of a politician.

Comment

Now this is funny since the price of anything is what an able and willing buyer will pay for it.

If you want a house to still sell for 20 grand like it did 30 years ago, are you willing to make a salary of 8000. a year like those people did?

Or as a politician, might you want to have goods stay the same price and just have salaries rise? If you can accomplish that, we all would vote for you.

Comment

The bad thing about driving up house values is the collateral damage when those values translate into higher property taxes. Thank goodness my state has a circuit breaker credit system for those taxes if your income is low. Unfortunately many areas do not have that. In those areas people are literally forced out of their homes that they may have had for generations. Silicon Valley was notorious for this I believe.
        Last edited by Willy13; 02-24-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
          Now this is funny since the price of anything is what an able and willing buyer will pay for it.

If you want a house to still sell for 20 grand like it did 30 years ago, are you willing to make a salary of 8000. a year like those people did?

Or as a politician, might you want to have goods stay the same price and just have salaries rise? If you can accomplish that, we all would vote for you.

The problem is the overlall price of housing in relation to income. It was fairly consistant until around 2000 and then everything went crazy. Basically people were trying to get rich playing the market and in the end we got one big mess. The same nonsense happened with oil last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post

I know many people that did it while making $20k-25k back then. Funny thing is, the jobs back then pay about the same now. Cost of living went up and wages didn't. All people making $25k back then should be making $150-200k now just to have the same standard of living.

What a scam on the American public.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
              They should have limits. I don't agree with the house should sell for what people are willing to pay. That causes INFLATION and I cannot stand inflation.

Houses should not be able to go up more than 5 to 10%.
              Let me see if I understand what you are saying - that, when YOU get ready to sell your house, car, paint, steel - whatever - you want the government to tell YOU what you can sell it for?

Yeah, right. - jb

OH, and a house that sold for $20,000.00 30 years ago and goes up at 10% a year would now sell for what???
              jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
              Filed - 2/27/09
              341 - 4/3/09
              Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
                Let me see if I understand what you are saying - that, when YOU get ready to sell your house, car, paint, steel - whatever - you want the government to tell YOU what you can sell it for?

Yeah, right. - jb

OH, and a house that sold for $20,000.00 30 years ago and goes up at 10% a year would now sell for what???
                I know it's not going to happen, but yes, that's basically in a nutshell what I wish the gov't would have done long ago. People should have a RIGHT to own a home. It should not be a luxury. People should not be forced to live in tiny apartments without tax-write off's just because they can't afford a home.

I believe that a house should be a dwelling and not a cash register for people to get rich on.

I think that somebody born 30 years from now should have the exact opportunity to buy the same home somebody 30 years ago did. People need to stop being penalized all because of the time they were born. That just isn't fair.

If the house goes up 10x, then fine. Then the wages also need to go up 10x to compensate. Everything should be relative and the problem is that it's not.

People who made $3.50/hr. years back should be entitled to make $35/hr. today.

I know reality says the opposite, that's why I wish the gov't would have come in and enforced what I said. I'd be a lot happier today being able to buy the old house that I grew up in for $25k today. I saw the $20k house my father paid for sell for $350k. That's totally ABSURD! And the house now is a complete DUMP!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X